Question from a newb about modding.

Hi, this would be my first post, but I've enjoyed mods for a long time, just never bothered to do it myself when there's plenty of more talented people to do it. Super lazy, I know.

I have a small question concerning modding games that have the folder hierarchy like "C:/Gamename/Content/Paks/~Mods" like Hogwart's Legacy. I believe this concerns unreal engine games. To be specific, the game that I would like to mod is Coral Island. I had a few ideas I was curious about implementing, if even possible, from other farm sims like Stardew valley and Rune Factory 5, like instead of just raising the tool damage with every upgrade, allow an A.O.E. action. It would be a huge time saver. I won't ask for specifics has that's my problem to figure out, what I'm curious about is, what tool(s) do modder use to create those fancy .pak files? It's surely going to take some serious education on coding on my part, but it would be very helpful to know what I'm supposed to work with.

If you bothered reading that and actually answer, thank you for your time.

Gnish

Edited by Gnish

• 1 year later...

Hey, Gnish! I'm working on a mod specifically for Coral Island called AltLook. I've never modded before this, and it was a pain to figure everything out, so I'm thinking about making a guide/tutorial. If you're still interested, hit me up. If you're just interested in the tools, you'll need Unreal Engine, umodel, UnrealPak and that's it.