The problem with gun mods on Fallout 3.

SymbolOfMight

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt this guy in Classic Fallout Weapons made seperate bullpup animations for some guns? :whistling:

Don't see his tag in the credits, though maybe he is incognito due to modesty.

No.

Sorry for my poor English, i was just saying that the creator of Classic Fallout Weapons have added seperate bullpup reload animation, and guys have said that this impossible. Or im wrong?

im hearing it MAY be possible with FOSE to add new reloads.

There can be two ways of using the animations, as far as I know:

One, you make a script that calls the new reload animation everytime you reload or fire a gun (Project Valhalla did this).

Two, you replace the stock fallout animation by overriding the stock animation file with another animation file having the same filename.

But as far as adding new animations and make the game engine actually recognize it as a valid reload animation or firing animation in the same category as say... 1gtattack3.kf which is one handed grenade throw attack3 animation. Simply put, you can't add onehandedpistolattack12 and onehandedpistolattack13, etc into the GECK. But you can override them with new animation.

I'm aware that some modders have successfully added in new hand to hand and weapon animations that are really good and looks seamless. I am suspicious of how they do it. And unless these modders reveal their tricks or make a tutorial, the general community won't know for sure.

maybe i am grossly unaware of how the nitty gritty of the engine works (actually im SURE i am)

but its a shame that we, as a large portion of bethesda consumers, cant make a plea to them to add an update to the system so that custom animations would be accepted.

just a daydream, i know that i have no idea what that would involve.

but i do know that i would not have purchased fallout if it wasnt for is modibility, and im probably not alone.