"Tastefull" texture mod?

Springlake

I've checked around a bit and to my dismay the only mods I've found of the Medic Armor were mods that changed the way it works, and never only changing the texture. I, and my friends, all agree that the game is way to easy even on the hardest game mode so obviously I don't want anything that makes it even easier, hence I've started to impliment a load of mods to the game to hopefully make it harder.

Back to the point being that I couldn't find a re-texture of the Medic Armor. I find the standard paint scheme horrible (Well, it's actually the same as the BoS but it's still pretty meh) so I started poking about on how I could change it. From what I've understood so far (with a bit of experimenting) is that the Medic Armor is based on the BoS Power Armor texture (well, it appear to be using the same texture at least), while leads to the conclusion that in order for me to change the texture, I'll need an esp file to do so. Hence my problem, I've never made a mod, ever, and as such have no idea at all on how I'm supposed to do it.

My first step so far is to get it to have the Outcast texture and Logo instead of the vanilla one.

Help would be appreciated :smile:

Get NifSkope.

Open File.

Change Texture.

Save.

And you're done *applause*

seriously, easiest thing to do is replace textures

EDIT: and you spelled "tasteful" wrong.

Sure, it's easy when you know what you are supposed to do. Which I think I quite clearly stated I do not.

I've checked the mini-tutorial and tried what it said. Didn't work out for me.

Also spelling mistake noted, pity I can't find a way to edit it.

Archived