Would people want this mod I'm working on?

Godspine

I'm creating a mod that makes the player a lot more...obscene. This ranges from added a swear for emphasis ("Time for you to f**king die!", for example) to the character saying threatening, rude, or just obscene stuff in the place of regular dialogue. I feel it fits an apocalyptic scenario much better. I was also trying to recreate the emphasis of nice things to say to people and mean things to say. Bethesda did this really well in Fallout 3, but New Vegas's dialogue leaves something to be desired with some dialogue options.

I'm just posting on a forum because this will take me a month or two, and I want to know if its worth it. If people don't want it, I'll probably stop working on it.

Here are a few very early screenshots. This is just me starting the game with some adjusted dialogue.

1466242_567898753289018_1537525761_n.jpg1517462_567898839955676_1496537199_n.jpg1525656_567898896622337_1829171041_n.jpgThis isn't a very broad overlook of what I'm working on, but you get the idea. Let me know what you think! :smile:

:laugh: I got a good chuckle from reading some of your dialouge. I always thought the player's dialouge choices were a little too passive especially with NPC that just came off as obxinious or insulting to the player character. Yeah I say people would be intrested in this type of mod, go for it!

Edited by RangerBoo

I think it's a good idea. I'd download it if I weren't a language nazis and didn't insist on playing games in Spanish or French.

I think it would be cool, if it were possible to add some sort of consequence for using harsh dialogue; maybe you could offend folks and lose options, or gain them by intimidation. That's a little more in-depth, I suppose, but I think it would go over very well.

Well, as a rule of thumb

- you'll never please everyone. Even if you were giving away free chocolate, someone would think it's the worst thing since the holocaust. And some crime against chocolate lore too.

- even if you're one in a million, there are 6000 just like you. No matter what mod idea you have, SOMEONE out there will want it.

So I wouldn't sweat it much if people want it or not. No matter what you do, SOMEONE out there will love it, and SOMEONE out there will hate it. While a case can be made there's a reason why some mods get 10000 endorsements and some get 1 in 5 years, nevertheless, rest assured that a couple of people are actually using the latter too, and a couple of people will hate the former too. There is no accounting for taste. It's just a fact of life.

So, as long as it breaks no site rules, do what you will. IMHO.