Landscape Texture whole region at once

morrowind1979

Lol still not what I am talking about hahaha.

Step by step:

1: load your worldspace.esp into creation kit

2: load a cell in the render window

3: press h to open landscape editor

4: choose a landscape texture: i.e: LCaveDirt, LCoastBeach01, LFallForestGrass01

5:Paint the selected texture in the render window using the red circle.

Now it these textures I want to change a whole region at a time instead of manually painting by hand

Oh for...

Colour maps. You must be a complete newb at terrain generation.

Get your heightmap, pump it into your software (World Machine, Terragen, GeoControl, etc.), select various angles, assign colours to them. Export the resultant image. This is your colourmap.

This is where your confusion is. He's not using a heightmap. He's using the CK kit's landscape editor, which means he won't have a heightmap until he's done with his landscape editing. What he probably CAN do, is finish his landscaping in the CK, and then export his heightmap, and then do what you suggest to make a color map.

EDIT: You posted while I was in the messager. You obviously see he's using the Ck. If he exports a heightmap from the CK can he make a color map like you suggested?

Edited by Fistandilius

Forget Oscape You can only create LOD with different landscape colours. It won't paint the landscape in your .esp/.esm, no matter if you use a heightmap/colour map or not.

The only way to do it is by hand painting the landscape, or setting up the region generator to do it.

What size is your worldspace?

Yeah thats what I thought regarding Oscape. My worldspace is 4096x4096 massive so I guess I am just going to have to take about a year or so to do all the re-textures :sad: :sad: :sad:

The landscape tab in the ergion genertor does not work. Do you know how to do it with the region generator?

Edited by morrowind1979

I'll put together a quick guide. Give me a few hours.

A few thing you have to do first on a worldspace that size.

1. Convert it to esm (Master file)

2. Get Version Control up and running.

Good idea to download some of the new landscape texture and grass resourses as well. There are a few available on the Nexus. A good machine spec comes in handy. 4GB minimum.

Edited by Tamb0

Afraid converting it to an esm is not an option as once this is done I will no longer be able to edit it in the Creation Kit already have all my custom grass textures etc. created by myself Started doing it by hand on region at a time using the co-ordinates as a guide wont actually take that long a couple of days max