Landscape Texture whole region at once

morrowind1979

If it's almost as big as Skyrim, then you're going to have to make it an esm at some point. The file will eventually become too big for an esp and the CK will refuse to load it.

This 128 x 128 cell landscape was textured as a single region.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tambos.turf/Skyrim/Worldspace_Medium_Angle.jpg

It's probably the easiest way to do it, rather than have multiple regions. I only use different regions for sounds and forests. I do all my landscape texture as a single region.

Yeah thanks for the help man. Il'l probally just esm it once its complete or as complete as I can make it before that stage. The main reason I have regions is so I can use the region generator to automatically place objects in smaller regions rather than one large one and having my PC spaz out and crash the CK lol

I did start to write a 'brief' guide, but it's going to take too long just to cover the basics.

Basically, to texture your region, open the Miscellaneous section in the Object window. Click on LandTexture to see the available textures. Open the Region Generator and drag it to the side so you can see the textures. Select one of your regions and click the Object tab in the Region Generator. On to the Objects tab, put a tick in the Enable this type of data box. You'll see the Generated Objects box turn white.

Now you can drag drag textures from the Object window to the Generated Objects box.

There is a lot more to this. You should duplicate the textures and the associated texture sets first and only drag the duplicated textures in to the Generated Objects box. If you don't do this, the LOD will remain the default brown colour.

There's some 'limited' tutorials out there. Google is your friend.

Far too much to cover here.

M8 you have just saved me hours of work thanks!!!!!! I already knew how to generate objects but I didnt know you could drag landscape textures into the generated objects list too. Going to try this immediately!!!! :):):)

Afraid converting it to an esm is not an option as once this is done I will no longer be able to edit it in the Creation Kit already have all my custom grass textures etc. created by myself Started doing it by hand on region at a time using the co-ordinates as a guide wont actually take that long a couple of days max

The creation kit won't let you edit .esm files?

Afraid converting it to an esm is not an option as once this is done I will no longer be able to edit it in the Creation Kit already have all my custom grass textures etc. created by myself Started doing it by hand on region at a time using the co-ordinates as a guide wont actually take that long a couple of days max

The creation kit won't let you edit .esm files?

Nope not according to this:

link removed by me

Edited by morrowind1979

Did you look at the date of that post? It's 2012. I'm not sure how accurate that is. But if Tamb0 is saying that your world space is too big for an .esp, you might want to consider that before going much further.

Also, it's obviously possible to edit an .esm via a plugin because otherwise exterior cells in the Skyrim world space wouldn't be possible.

Oh, and fyi, I've read the moderators don't like talking about that site you linked because I guess they allow ported material.

Edited by Fistandilius