The Mall - Store Collaboration WIP

Undivide

"Mall? A Mall in Skyrim?! This is the dumbest and most lore unfriendly thing I've ever heard of!" If that was your first thought when reading the title, you're absolutely right.

While fooling around in the creation kit the other day I had an idea, "What if modders had a central store for their items?", and so this mod came to be.

Overview:

This mod is a collaborative effort to advertise modders and their mods in a fun way.

Are you a weapon modder but would like a silly twist on how your items are obtained? Have someone build a store for you!

Have some cool food models but have no idea what to do with them? Have a restaurant built for you!

Have a store idea but no idea how to mod? Go ahead and blurt it out! Maybe it'll get made into a store.

Stores will keep being added until I feel that the mall is complete.

Each modder can have up to four lots inside of the mall.

e.g. One store, one stall, one restaurant, one entertainment section. three stores and one stall. 3 restaurants. etc

The Mall is separated into three sections: food, stores, entertainment/leisure.

Each modder is responsible for building their own store/food shop/etc and any associated npcs unless requested to build something by someone else in the collaboration.

Do not edit anyone else's work unless asked to do so.

This mod requires Dawnguard and Dragonborn.

I do not mean to be discriminatory, but I would prefer that those who wish to work on this be experienced with using the Creation Kit with Skyrim. Therefore, those without links to show proof of their work will not be permitted to work on this (You can still submit ideas). Some exceptions can be made.

Also, to prevent further confusion, I ask that we communicate with each other in an understandable manner (Non-native English speakers are exempt from this. Just try your best). Reading through walls of text with absolutely no punctuation or proper formatting = headaches for everyone.

File layout and how the files will be shared and updated:

This project will be uploaded and shared via Google Drive in .7z format. 7-zip is currently the best free file compression application imo. Post your Gmail account name here or PM it to me so I can invite you to the Drive.

I would HIGHLY recommend creating a Gmail account with your username for the sake of protecting your identity.

Google Drive Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4xQTCf0UotfMmpDZmVDUnNXcE0/edit?usp=sharing

7-Zip: http://www.7-zip.org/

Guideline:

Download the .7z, Post that you are about to work on the mod. Make/add your changes, upload your changes to the Google Drive. Post that you have completed your changes.

POST THAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY WORKING ON YOUR PART. DURING THIS TIME NO ONE ELSE MAY WORK ON THE MOD UNTIL THAT PERSON HAS COMPLETED AND UPLOADED THEIR WORK AND CONFIRMED THEY HAVE DONE SO.

THIS SAVES ME THE TROUBLE OF ATTEMPTING TO MERGE YOUR WORK WITH TES5EDIT.

I will post a .esp and screenshots later today or tonight with what I have completed along with all of the files and resources I've used.

Please place your meshes and textures in

meshes/Undivide/TheMall/Your Username/folder name of your assets/modelname.whatever

textures/Undivide/TheMall/Your Username/folder name of your assets/texturename.whatever

e.g.

Meshes/Undivide/TheMall/Undivide/furniture/glassnobleshelf01.nif

If it isn't too much trouble, edit the .nifs of your assets so they point to the textures folder mentioned above. I'd like to keep this organized. Disregard this if you are using modders resource packs. Just be sure to say you have done so and be sure to include them in the archive properly.

Store facade height must not exceed 3 tiles.

How to name custom items in the CK:

00Mall(first few letters of your username)_itemname

E.g.

00MallUnd_Glasswindow01

How to reach the mall.
Currently I plan to have it to the northeast of dawnstar.

type "coc 00TheMall" to teleport directly there.

Screenshots

http://www.flickr.com/photos/112792730@N03/

Ideas from other users:

Modders may choose to recreate these ideas in the mod.

User - Idea (Accepted by Modder)

List of modders and what they're working on in the mall:

Undivide -

Japanese-style spa (completed)

Shoe store (75%)

Clothes store (50%)

general lighting,

navmeshing

mall interior and exterior

Map markers

Soolie -

Tropical Skyrim advertisement stall

uhh

erm

yeah

Well then, lets have some fun!

Edited by Undivide

Wait sorry i just skimmed threw this only had a half cup of coffee how will this work like will make back ups? because Some people are real trolls?

Second thing I my self find this interesting and would love to join but how ever i have not published my mods because my story is not complete i am familiarized with the creation kit so how would that work out?

Wait sorry i just skimmed threw this only had a half cup of coffee how will this work like will make back ups? because Some people are real trolls?

Second thing I my self find this interesting and would love to join but how ever i have not published my mods because my story is not complete i am familiarized with the creation kit so how would that work out?

I will make backups and scan all archives for viruses.

Well, are you experienced with cell creation and item placement? That's basically all I ask for with this mod.

Well, are you experienced with cell creation and item placement? That's basically all I ask for with this mod.

Alright, also yes i am experienced in that that is basics. now let me just see if we are on the same page had my coffee in. So you wanna make a mod where a bunch of modders work on this one mod and when this mod is finished when people download it it's going to be placed to look like a big inn and when people go inside they can buy what ever the modder is selling so armor swords ect ect. Now are we allowed to have are own customized npc to be are merchant and if so allow Custom Voices for the npc? Also recognition are we allowed to have are own artwork within the shop "PG13 ish of course"

Alright, also yes i am experienced in that that is basics. now let me just see if we are on the same page had my coffee in. So you wanna make a mod where a bunch of modders work on this one mod and when this mod is finished when people download it it's going to be placed to look like a big inn and when people go inside they can buy what ever the modder is selling so armor swords ect ect. Now are we allowed to have are own customized npc to be are merchant and if so allow Custom Voices for the npc? Also recognition are we allowed to have are own artwork within the shop "PG13 ish of course"

Yes, yes, and yes, however, the artwork bit is iffy. as long as the user themselves have created the artwork or if the artwork is royalty free, it can be part of the mod. If the artwork is copywritten, I will report the user and they will not be allowed to work on the mod further.

Yes, yes, and yes, however, the artwork bit is iffy. as long as the user themselves have created the artwork or if the artwork is royalty free, it can be part of the mod. If the artwork is copywritten, I will report the user and they will not be allowed to work on the mod further.

Yea of course i will probably record video when i do the artwork kinda like a time laps thing so i cant be called copywritten. Now 3 more question then im done with question's First will you upload this to steam because I know allot of people only download on steam. Second When do you plane on doing the file so we can add the stores in "First dibs :D". Now texture pack's were just going to use default right?

Yea of course i will probably record video when i do the artwork kinda like a time laps thing so i cant be called copywritten. Now 3 more question then im done with question's First will you upload this to steam because I know allot of people only download on steam. Second When do you plane on doing the file so we can add the stores in "First dibs :D". Now texture pack's were just going to use default right?

I highly doubt the mod will be uploaded to the workshop. The workshop has a 100MB file size limit. I can almost guarantee this mod will be larger than that.

I will upload my work in a few hours. I just need to finish up the clothes and shoe store.

You can use whatever textures you want, just make sure they're in the folders mentioned in the original post and aren't ridiculously huge.