Helgen Reborn Bitter Wounds problem

polearbair

I've been playing with Helgen Reborn installed for years and never had a problem with it until now. In my recent play through it all goes south on the Bitter Wounds quest. None of the scripted events that progress the quest get triggered. The jail cell doors both in the Orphans Tear cave and in the thalmor prison are missing there activators and trying to use console commands to force the quest to progress doesn't work because there are a lot of scripted events that really have to happen. Even if I brute force complete the quest with console commands Helgen never gets finished being rebuilt.

Something is blocking all those scripted events from triggering and nobody seems to have a clue what. All my search results for bitter wounds are full of people suggesting the console comands to progress but that doesn't solve the problem.

If anyone has any clue what other mod might be blocking Helgen Reborn's scripted events please share.

• 4 months later...

Maybe. I gave up on that play through and started a new one and I noticed any quest that involved an npc having to walk a scripted path to progress the quest was getting stuck with npcs not budging and being stuck in a "Busy" state. Sometimes doing a one hour wait would fix things but sometimes not but then I realized that some time ago I had messed around with the timescale and had it set to 1 which is real time and I think that might have been causing the problems. I set it back to 20 (the default) and everything seems fine now and in fact I just now finished the Helgen Reborn quest mod with no glitches at all so that might have been the problem.