master file invalid

keyah111

I have a question about master files; I finally got all the mods installed and everything is good. Then I run LOOT and it tells me the Dragonborn.esm is invalid and I'm like WTH, how can it be invalid when it was installed straight from Steam. Now is there anything else I can do without using "Verify integrity of game files" because I just went thru setting up Skyrim SE. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You could run "verify integrity of game files" and then use "Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Downgrade Patcher" also known as "Best of Both" to revert your game to the version you are playing.

I believe that this would work. I cannot think of anything else to do if Dragonborn.esm has become corrupted. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall your game, which would be a rather drastic solution.

Have you tried to launch your game? Maybe that is a false negative from LOOT, although that does not seem very likely, basically grasping at straws.

I have never used "Verify" on SSE AE so I do not know what version of SkyrimSE.exe it installs. If it installs the version you are playing you do not have a problem as it does not touch your mods or load order.