Skyrim vs SKSE, or how I became mad since days without solutions!

Ithilin

Hello!

My problem seems quite simple but it isn't: I classicaly CTD after the bethesda logo when I lauch skyrim with skse_loader.exe (and yes, with TESV and skyrim_laucher via Steam, no CTD happens, normal). I precise that days ago, skyrim worked fine with skse, and it was running with a (finally! almost) stable list of mods (thanks BOSS and TES5edit).

So, I tried to:

_ check my skyrim and skse versions: 1.9.32.0 and 0.1.6.16: the latest

_ download again skse from http://skse.silverlock.org/ and paste/overwrite it in the skyrim directory a dozen times, even tried with the .exe version to install it automatically and properly

_ use a previous version of skse (0.1.6.15 => same result)

_ uncheck all my mods except the DLCs and the unofficial patches

_ run skse_loader via NMM, without NMM, the two with or without administrator priveleges (I use windows 7)

_ clean the DLCs with TES5edit

_ retry without cleaning them

_ uninstall skyrim, supress all traces of skyrim from my computer (C:/.../my games/skyrim include)

_ uninstall Steam

_ Reinstall Steam directly on D:/Steam/ (I install all my games on a different hard drive from C:/)

_ Redownload and reinstall skyrim, repeat the previous operations

_ apply a cracked and up-to-date version of TES5, skyrim_launcher and steam_api.dll on my legit skyrim

_ download the latest version of vcredist (a C++ library) and reinstall directX 11

_ reinstall windows 7 (it was time, my computer was a tiny less reactive ultimately)

_ reupdate windows, reinstall the latest stable drivers (I have a geforce GTX560Ti, and I use the drivers 314.22WHQL 'cause all superiors versions causes instabiliities with my graphic card)

_ reinstall all my mods manually and repeat the 7 first steps

_ desactivate the Beta particpation on Steam

_ force steam to launch skse_loader by adding a game on Steam

Whatever I tried, skyrim doesn't lauch with skse_loader...any ideas?

Thanks for helping me, I'm out of solutions!

Edited by Ithilin

Nope. Since you've tried all of that you might want to go to the skse official thread and ask them if there's ever been similar issues as well as expanding on what actually happened in each instance when you were trying solutions. http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1478879-wipz-skyrim-script-extender-skse/

Sounds like you have a dependency issue (i.e. you have a mod that is dependent on another mod, which it isn't detecting).

I've got a couple of suggestions for you:

1) Download BOSS and run it. If you have the dependency file, but it's loading in the wrong order, this will fix it.

2) Check back through your list of mods, and see if you're missing any dependencies.

3) Disable all your mods, then enable them one at a time until it CTDs, and you've found the problem.

4) Could be a driver issue. I was having problems with NVidia's latest drivers a month ago (don't know if it's the same one now or not).

5) DROP THE CRACK!!! There is no reason to be running a cracked Skyrim, even if you own it legitimately.

I apologize for not providing links, but Nexus is down right now.

I already dropped the crack, I just tried once to check if it wasn't Steam dependant.

For the dependency issue, I don't think it's because of that since I already disabled all my mods except the DLCs and unofficial patches to check if it wasn't mod dependant (and my mods were already ordered by BOSS), but I will retry this solution.

For the driver issue, I avoid the newest Nvidia versions expresslly because of that. I'm staying with the 314.22 version because it's the last stable known version for the gtx560Ti.

All of that begin because I added RealVision ENB a week ago and tried to remove it (Skyrim was too unstable with it). So, I was forced to remove skyrim entirely, and after reinstallation, skse_loader didn't launch skyrim correctly anymore. So I tried all this things since without result :/.

Edited by Ithilin