Overlord 2

jmaster888

after the succes of Overlord Overlord 2 is coming :thumbsup: i already played the demo and i LOVE it and i am proud that my own country has maked its own games too. i'll give the demo a rating 10/10 i like games you can be evil and i played Overlord 1 a long time. the release is in The US 23 June and in Europe 26 June :biggrin: this is gonna be one of my favorite games i ever played

Don't get your hopes up, lest you be disappointed at the final product. A demo is not always conclusive for the overall quality of the game.

I played the first Overlord, had fun with it for a couple of hours, then it became tedious, boring and repetitive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I too enjoyed the first one for a while and then grew bored with it.

I may give the second one a look though.

Please let us know how it is.

Cheers.

In a word: Good

I wouldn't say that it's light-years beyond the first, but it is a marked improvement from its predecessor. It has all the charm of the first game and a much needed(in my opinion) greater emphasis on puzzles, and generally requiring more inventive thinking. Some of the new bells and whistles are pretty sweet though, like the ability to get your minions mounts and the ability to directly control minions makes for alot of memorable moments. Can't honestly say this is a complete picture though, as I haven't even finished the game completely yet. But if it stays at it's current level of quality all throughout the game, it's definately worth the time.

I'm definitely gonna try it out. I loved the first game, as it was very fun to just go on a rampage with your minions, killing and destroying everything in your path :D

Trying to figure out if I'm gonna buy it for PC or for Xbox...

I don't know, I loved the first one. But it's so typical that a movie or game that will be made into a number "2" or "3" is always worse than the first. For example TES 3 and TES 4, everyone says that TES 3 is better. (Of course there are SOME exceptions).

I hope that OL 2 will be better than the first though! :D

I bought it last week.

Huge fan of the first game, thought it was fairly under appreciated for some original ideas. The second game is practicly the same just on a slightly grander scale and there is more of a focus on being evil. It's not particularly well paced. The begging is slow, but then you are at the end before you know it.

I found it to be very enjoyable but lacking in content. I took my time, as I do with all my games, exploring everything and revisiting areas but I still finished the game in under 20 hours and once you complete the game you can continue but there is nothing to do. You can dominate or destroy towns but to be able to do either to the only 2 towns available for this mission you need to be at the end of the game anyway so you reap no benefits from either.

If you liked the first one then there's no reason to like this new and improved version, but it's short.