Auriel's Bow in Cyrodiil

Oupsiner

en - I would like to play with auriel's bow in Oblivion (just the aesthetics of the bow) if possible. that will be really cool

fr - je voudrai jouer avec l'arc d'auriel dans Oblivion (juste l'esthétique de l'arc) si possible ça serai vraiment cool

Hey glowplug. Id forgotten about this. Youre your version used in Lanecors mod?

Oupsiner, I highly recommend anything glowplug has made; its all awesome!

Hi Oupsiner. I just took a look and it seems like the latest download is an update. You need the one with 'Skyrim Style' to get the textures.

Thanks for the compliment CHASE6, I appreciate it.

The bow was before I did any modelling courses and isn't strictly modelled in quads. Odd tris can be a problem for certain animations, such as character but a bow has limited movement and should be okay. I still have the original working folder for this bow. The 1024x512 textures are mirrored left/right as well as top/bottom which, unlike ground texture tiling, we're not going to notice while firing it, resulting in much the work of a 2K texture. The detail model is over half a million polygons and could be baked off to a 4096x2048 resulting in much like the work of 8K...

...the thing is 'why go there' without adding a whole new level of detail. The game model has less than 2000 polygons which is nothing for a gaming machine at 5-8 years old. Model shape is enhanced by ambient occlusion baked into the diffuse. Feature lines are drawn on the diffuse as well as bumped into the normal. Increasing game mesh geometry to include feature lines would require more polygons than recommended for the Oblivion engine. Where I could use normal bumping to achieve this on Unreal, Oblivion won't cut the mustard.

The solution is to re-invent Auriel's Bow with the original shape but new feature lines/shapes. The mesh needs enough polygons for enough shape to support normal bumping, around 10000-15000 polygons should do. This would include dents from fending off swords where 4096x4096 textures, to hide tiling(mirroring), would be optimal.

So, what I need is concept art that bases feature lines off the overall shape of this weapon - the more input I can get from people the better.