New Topic: Couriers Needed

jimuno

While traveling the environments of Imperial City, I get the message, "New Topic Added: Couriers Needed" or something similar. It has even happened with no NPC around. Problem is, I can never find anyone else that wants to discuss the topic of couriers. So, what do I do next, where does this lead? Is there a way to display topics and who said what?

It's a dead end. I think it was supposed to be a quest that never made it into the game. there are several of those. Another one I remember was the basement of the Oak and Crosier Inn. People talk about the basement, but there is nothing there.

Check this for some others: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Unfinished_Quests

Surprising no one has taken it upon themselves to create a quest to go along with it. Maybe they expected Bethesda to patch it in an update or some DLC? Maybe being a courier just doesn't sound interesting enough.

Regarding the Mythic Dawn stuff in a Chorrol house, the crumples note in the Arena bloodworks and the Zombies in a Skingrad house, I tend to think of these as immersive things that don't do anything.

Like the empty house in the Imperial city with a note on the door and ritual stuff in the basement, the suicide Troll with the note on his body and the junk on the rooftops of Crucible in the Shivering Isles

• 6 months later...
Surprising no one has taken it upon themselves to create a quest to go along with it. Maybe they expected Bethesda to patch it in an update or some DLC? Maybe being a courier just doesn't sound interesting enough.

Someone has. Doesn't really follow on from the message, but Delivery Job adds the "Gold Horse" courier company to the world. I wouldn't have it but it was in BC when I installed the OMOD, and figured I might as well give it a shot. So there. You can be a courier. Gets interesting late on too. There is a glitch though. One of the quests requires you to make a delivery to a "Strange Crate" in the courtyard of a fort - unfortunately it appears as soon as you install the mod, meaning you can glitch your way through like 2/3rds of the quest line just by trying to open that crate.

Jenrai