[LE] can't get my new perk to add with the console

So the idea here is that the player learns recipes for specific food ingredients from, say, innkeepers. Or Books.

I duplicated a perk (I believe it was daedric smithing) and deleted the conditions and entry points, naming the perk "spicedvenison". I duplicated the venison and made a "spiced venison" food item. Then I duplicated the roast venison recipe, added elves ear to the ingredient list, and said it needed the "spicedvenison" perk. So far, it seems pretty straightforward. Then I go into the game to test it. I open up the console and type in "player.AddPerk" followed by the hex code for the spicedvenison perk. It says it can't find that entry for parameter perk. I made sure both playable and hidden were checked, I think I tried it without hidden, too. What am I missing?

Even if a perk is bugged, the console won't say that it wasn't found. It'll still add the perk and it just won't work. So it's more likely that your hex isn't correct or the esp isn't loaded or something like that. you can check that with help "spicedvenison" or whatever your perk's name (not editor id) is.

Another note is to make sure Num Ranks is at least 1. If it's 0 the console won't say anything and the perk also won't work.

Edited by rkkn

Thanks, I got it working. I used the help command to find the correct hex number. Apparently the load order prefix that was in the CK was not the one in the game, for some strange reason. I'm just using straight vanilla SE + my mod(I mean I'm loading into the CK besides my mod only the masters that SE came with), so the CK was telling me the prefix was 09, but it was actually 07. Anyway, I got it working and now my motivation to mod is returning. :)