Can''t update to GECK 1.5

muppetsoup

I am unable to update to GECK 1.5 due to an error message:

Patch Error

Old file does not exist

The ridiculous thing is that the file it is halting on is "GECKreadme.txt". I have no such file nor could I find one anywhere. Creating a dummy one doesn't fool it, it sees the name is the same but the contents are different.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Wha!? Ya gotta be kiddin' me, you mean to tell me that this mysterious "Old file" is simply the bloody readme!? :ermm: Now that's the silliest thing I've ever seen, why not simply state the readme as such instead of a cryptic "Old file!?" :wallbash: Looks like I'll have to DL the Tes 3-4 "Old files" as well, thanks for the solution though.

Edit/Update:

My Update didn't work. I'm now installing the geck using the exe installer rather than the zipped version, I hope this works!

Hmph, It worked! New solution; Dl the installing exe vers instead of the zipped vers!

Edited by TakezoDunmer2005

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I've everything said in these forums so far. However my problem is slightly different, the file that the GECK 1.5 Patch isn't finding on my PC is Geck.exe. Even though they are in the same folder and I can still run GECK and the mods I have still work while running FNV. Any helpful info?