Can''t update to GECK 1.5

muppetsoup

• 1 month later...

I have FalloutNV and both DLC installed.

I install the GECK to the fallout isntall folder, run the update from the same folder, fails for "old file not found"

ok, it doesn't tell me what file it is looking for.. I do have that readme in there.

I uninstalled it, re-installed it the default DIR from teh installer, copied the update file to that folder, try again, old file not found...

dunno wth is is looking for, but this is annoying.

I've everything said in these forums so far. However my problem is slightly different, the file that the GECK 1.5 Patch isn't finding on my PC is Geck.exe. Even though they are in the same folder and I can still run GECK and the mods I have still work while running FNV. Any helpful info?

Are you running XP, Vista or Windows 7? Maybe check to make sure you are trying to run the patch as the Administrator? I'm running XP have both files in the same directory and no problems, can't say the same for running MODS or even the Vanilla game though....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Save the geckreadme.txt file into your root fallout 3 directory (same directory where fallout3.exe is).

That method does appear to work. Many thanks.

ps. As this is the beginning of my modding efforts, the inability to even install GECK doesn't bode well! :-))

• 1 month later...

I've everything said in these forums so far. However my problem is slightly different, the file that the GECK 1.5 Patch isn't finding on my PC is Geck.exe. Even though they are in the same folder and I can still run GECK and the mods I have still work while running FNV. Any helpful info?

Are you running XP, Vista or Windows 7? Maybe check to make sure you are trying to run the patch as the Administrator? I'm running XP have both files in the same directory and no problems, can't say the same for running MODS or even the Vanilla game though....

Done all that. Still can't update. It stops right at the very first file: GECK.exe.

• 2 years later...

Windows 8, all installed right until the 1.5 update to the GECK.

Error non specified while displaying the geckreadme.txt file on the update progress part.

Tried to use the file from this thread, using ZIP & installer, a 1.5 direct install, error & again.

• 5 months later...

Finally got GECK to load to FO3NV but now get "FalloutNV.esm is a higher version than this EXE can load." When I disable subsequent warnings it won't load all the game files when selecting the base game in "Data". I cannot believe how difficult it has become to load the GECK into FO3 and FONV and have it work! I don't know if it's a Steam related problem or what, but I was doing fine with both versions last year. Nothing but problems since reloading both games recently.