Perryman [WIP]

Leadpipe

I suggest using TESAnwynn to make a worldspace.

The water level is buggy. The safe thing to set the water level at 10500 and any ground higher.

If you haven't read this worldspace tutorial, it's really helpful.

You may want to trick the player's sense of space by placing invisble walls in the right areas. That way, you won't need to detail the worldspace too much.

hope your not givein tutorial there & not getting with your own worldspace, a51 :verymad: tch tch tch

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest using TESAnwynn to make a worldspace.

The water level is buggy. The safe thing to set the water level at 10500 and any ground higher.

If you haven't read this worldspace tutorial, it's really helpful.

You may want to trick the player's sense of space by placing invisble walls in the right areas. That way, you won't need to detail the worldspace too much.

Wow! The word "gratitude" really doesn't sum it up much. Extraordinary thank you's for demystifying worldspaces. Kudos well earned, friend.

Here's a couple of screenshots to tide you over until I've got a working worldspace. The first one I made was all underwater and a huge mess (turns out I didn't care for the LOD around Point Lookout as much as I expected).

I've had a few days that I couldn't afford to have my computer locked up generating a worldspace, but I should get to starting one tonight. In the meantime, here are a few shots of that metro interior that I've been hacking away at:

I'll have to trash them later in order to get some space for more pics as they come along.

• 4 weeks later...

Just checking in with some progress:

I've had four passes at creating a worldspace and everything I do seems to put me further under water in a very literal sense. That is to say that every worldspace I produce is deeply submerged.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point - I'm following the worldspace specs for the Wasteland worldspace to no better luck and have tried a range of base adjustments to the heightmap I'm using (1000 - 6000 so far). I've even done a pass where I checked the No LOD water box off.

I just moved into a new apartment, so the last few days have been perfectly idle, but this weekend I plan to revert to an earlier copy of the plugin to try another hand at it.

Wish me luck

• 2 weeks later...

Good News! At long last I seem to have a worldspace! More importantly, one that is not underwater and one that does not cause ctd's!

There is still a problem with it, and that is that there is a mysterious object that seems to be hanging around. I'm not sure what it is, so I'm including some pictures of screenshots. It doesn't appear in the GECK, so I'm not 100% on what it is.

What I've done here, is set my heightmap to randomly generate with a base offset of 10000 units, and I'm concerned that I may have taken it a bit too far. My guess is that this object is some kind of intermediate cloud matte (for lack of a better term). The object appears to be static, in that it doesn't seem to move, and it has a strange light effect on it from the top - it looks like there's some grid-type object that's being projected through. The shadows from this light effect move as the perspective of the player moves, but that's hard to indicate through screenshots.

Anyway, before I get too excited, I'm going to try to reduce the height of the landmass through the Worldspaces menu as opposed to generating a new heightmap and new terrain meshes (because, seriously, I'm tired of waiting a week on each attempt).

If anyone has any insight on this object, please let me know.

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac59/LeadpipeStudios/ScreenShot77.jpg

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac59/LeadpipeStudios/ScreenShot74.jpg

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac59/LeadpipeStudios/ScreenShot72.jpg