I took an arrow in the knee

AGMagyar

Does anyone know why its is that when I shoot an arrow with a bow, I get the "I took an arrow in the knee" :laugh: effect? No pun intended, My character actually gets self inflicted arrow wounds that reduce his health. I'm not sure what's going on here :ermm:

Hmm....well depending on the arrows and depending on whether the arrow sticks into the target or bounced back and depending on your level, I could see shooting an arrow resulting in you getting shot ... via ricochet

I routinely see arrows bounce off automatons and rock monsters (mining demons, can't think of name), and other enemies, many of which then bounce off my high level, well armored player (ie I'll never feel 'em or even see my health bar flinch) when they ricochet. to be clear, I mean I fired the bow. The arrow impacted the target, bounces off the target (after doing damage), then hits me (I find it after battle somewhere close to my body)

Now, if I was say, level 4 and wearing low level armor, I might be hurt, in the same way I can only jump down a tiny distance at low level without expiring. (whereas, once your health gets into the many hundreds, and you're wearing health regen baubles and other buffs, and so forth, you can jump 40 or 50 feet without even generating an "Oomph!" or registering a noticeable drain on health. Try that at level 10 or 15 and see where that gets ya...

Otherwise, I'd suspect I'd installed some "immersive survival" (or NSFW, or a "humorous gameplay" mod) mod that delivers bad mojo when you do certain things. What things, I have no idea...although one would presumably be "you shoot someone with an arrow bub, you take a hit for it, you bad bad person you"...

There is also the 'downward shooting bug' that forces the arrow to hit an occlusion plane or something similar when shooting across a cliff or from the top of a rock, or something similar...

yeah that one too!