Adding custom clothes and hairstyles to NPC?

masterulukai

Hello,

I tried to find a similar question in the forum but didnt find anything regarding this problem.

Well, when I use GECK and just add custom clothes from other mod to any NPC's inventory, later in game these NPCs dont have them and appear naked. (Note, that any default clothing from Fo3 works fine.) Custom hairstyles also dont work this way. I tried to attach the addon-clothing plugins to my plugin as masters with Fo3Edit, but this doesnt help either. Any suggestions are very welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Master Ulukai

Thank you for your answer. Well, for example, I wanted to add a new hair from "Hairpack" and a "Type3 Vault Utility suit" to Moira Brown in Megaton. I also want to add earrings from "KikaiEquipment" mod. Note, that I am using Type3 body replacement as overall body replacer. I also use Fose as well, for the game AND for the GECK. Here is my load order of all mods I am using:

Fallout3.esm

ThePitt.esm

Anchorage.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

eyes_hairpack_en.esp

Fellout-Full.esp

Fellout-Anchorage.esp

Fellout-BrokenSteel.esp

Refugee Clothing.esp

Fellout-pipboylight.esp

GreenWorld.esp

CRBSOR.esp

DIM CUSTOM PRESETS V1.3WEB.esp

Bigtown upgraded.esp

Pip-Boy Remover.esp

FollowersHire.esp

SomePoses.esp

Helmetless Camouflage Stealth Suits.esp

DIM TYPE3clothesRETAIL.esp

Type3BodyWear.esp

Persona_and_Secret.esp

Trooper_outfits.esp

Scout Outfits.esp

K2Clothes_BrownLeather03.esp

Draz conversions.esp

Cheat_Terminal_DownloadableV2.esp

kikaiEquipment.esp

Weapon - Some Katanas.esp

Sexy_Nurse_TYPE3.esp

SchoolUniforms.esp

MiniHideout.esp

JessiCompanion.esp

KelseyCompanion.esp

SPCross DIMONIZED Brazil B.esp

LucyWestCompanion.esp

JHB Improved Clover NPC.esp

my_npcs.esp

the last one is my plugin, where I am actually trying to change clothes and so on. All other plugins work fine together so far.. Hope somebody can help me, cause its getting frustrating. PS: I tried to use Fo3Edit to update all plugins to master status, but it didnt help.

May be I just do something wrong in GECK? Tell me how did you replace things for your npcs, please!

can you send me your my_npcs.esp file so I can see what you might have done wrong in the GECK

if you want to see my files, you can get a lot of examples of my changes on my mod

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5718

just compare mine and yours side by side and see if yours looks right

you could also check and see if my mod works, and if mine does, then you know it is what you did in the GECK, and if mine doesn't work, then you have something else conflicting with it

if you do find out that mine works, I can give you a quick walkthrough on how to change the stuff

Hello,

I tried to find a similar question in the forum but didnt find anything regarding this problem.

Well, when I use GECK and just add custom clothes from other mod to any NPC's inventory, later in game these NPCs dont have them and appear naked. (Note, that any default clothing from Fo3 works fine.) Custom hairstyles also dont work this way. I tried to attach the addon-clothing plugins to my plugin as masters with Fo3Edit, but this doesnt help either. Any suggestions are very welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Master Ulukai

Hey mate. This is actually quite difficult to do. Theres the dirty way and the long, Hard way.

The dirty way involves using FOMMs plugin editor to copy across the clothing item from the custom mod to your mod. Always work with backups when doing this.

You should now be able to use it in GECK. Make sure you copy over all the clothings items Trees from the custom mod if it does not exist in your mod. If the Tree exists in your mod then just copy across the sub trees.

The other way involves creating Textures sets and re-creating the clothing item from within GECK. This way is for advanced users and unless you are very happy with GECK then I suggest trying the first option.

PM me again if you wish to know the second option but keep in mind, Its not for novice GECK users and I simple won't have enough time to hold your hand through the entire process.

Basically there no real easy way unless the mod you are trying to use clothes from is a MASTER FILE like default FO3 ones.

There was a mod created to merge mods/plugins but I cant remember what it was called and maybe worth looking through the utility section of the nexus.

Good luck

Hello,

Thanks in advance,

Master Ulukai

Hey mate. This is actually quite difficult to do. Theres the dirty way and the long, Hard way.

The dirty way involves using FOMMs plugin editor to copy across the clothing item from the custom mod to your mod. Always work with backups when doing this.

You should now be able to use it in GECK. Make sure you copy over all the clothings items Trees from the custom mod if it does not exist in your mod. If the Tree exists in your mod then just copy across the sub trees.

The other way involves creating Textures sets and re-creating the clothing item from within GECK. This way is for advanced users and unless you are very happy with GECK then I suggest trying the first option.

PM me again if you wish to know the second option but keep in mind, Its not for novice GECK users and I simple won't have enough time to hold your hand through the entire process.

Basically there no real easy way unless the mod you are trying to use clothes from is a MASTER FILE like default FO3 ones.

There was a mod created to merge mods/plugins but I cant remember what it was called and maybe worth looking through the utility section of the nexus.

Good luck

Oh forgot. Another way.

Open your mod in GECK and also make sure that the clothing .esp is loaded that you wish to add to your NPC (Think you said it was dimons vault tec clothing) Make sure your mod is set to ACTIVE.

Now find in the object window the clothing item you want to use. Now doublw click it and the items window opens.

Now Change its ID to something you want like: masterulukaiVTec01 or something more simple.

Now click OK. It will ask you if you wish to make a copy. Click yes.

Now you have a duplicate clothing item called: masterulukaiVTec01 or whatever.

Now instead of adding dimons clothing item, Add your new created item to the NPC and save the mod.

Fireup FO3 and try it. You will not need dimons original .esp enable but you will ofc need the textures/meshes installed for dimons mod.

Basically what you have done is made a duplicate clothing item which saves to your mod.

Hope this helps. Oh and always work with backups just in-case.

Thank you, everyone! I will try what you suggest. Actually I was expecting it has something to do with master and plugin files. I am pretty sure, my geck knowledge would be enough to master this. I started using bethesda editor with Morrowind years ago, however now its a first time I'm working with so many mods installed.

Anyway, thank you again!

• 2 months later...

Hello there. I was trying to do the same thing with Hair and Clothes from custom sources. And because there have been already some answers in here, i thought i would try my luck instead of starting a new topic.

Everything works fine from the "normal" Fallout packages, but if i select something custom it does not show up.

Especially hair drives me nuts, because Nova looks really weird in my game (like there is another hair underneath and it mixes and is missing in places) and i would love to give her some of Yoshikinakotas.

Specifically i am trying to change an outfit of Star from the Stripclub mod (because her Chinese Negligee won't show up and i can not find the download anywhere), as well as some of the hairs. But mainly Novas hair.

Here is the load order (and i have all the meshes and textures for the hairs, i just have not all the .esms and .esps activated, because one should be enough right?)

Fallout3.esm

ThePitt.esm

Anchorage.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

sc_lovers_resource.esm

sc_wasteland_pimp.esm

EnhancedChildren.esm

AliciasCuteShop.esm

Project Beauty.esp

gender perks unlocked.esp

JHBCloverPlus.esp

KillableKids.esp

Type3Accessories.esp

AliciasCuteShopDoorOverride.esp

FollowersHire.esp

MILF.esp

Sexy_Nurse_TYPE3.esp

Dark_Temptress.esp

t3belts_boots.esp

DIM TYPE3 conversions.esp

_R_Tribals.esp

BodyJewelry.esp

sc_blackmailing_silver.esp

sc_acquiring_mei.esp

sc_toying_with_angela.esp

Wasteland Gigolo.esp

sc_wp_captives.esp

sc_wp_arefu.esp

sc_wp_luring_lucy.esp

The Prisoners.esp

sc_wp_red.esp

sc_saving_nova.esp

mika.esp

Wasteland_Seductress.esp

JessiCompanion.esp

K2Clothes_SheerWhite01.esp

Mysteriouswoman_underwearncoat.esp

KelseyCompanion.esp

Type3Clothes.esp

DarNifiedUIF3.esp

Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp

Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp

eyes_hairpack_en.esp

FalsSexyT3Conversions.esp

SpeedMod-WalkRunFast.esp

Add your own hairstyle to Fallout 3 characters.esp

StripClub.esp

Total active plugins: 48

Total plugins: 65

I am guessing that either Project Beauty or/and Saving Nova is being the problem with Novas hair, although deactivating both changes nothing. Also even with both activated i CAN change her hair to another default style. Just not custom. For the record: Fallout is not in the default directory, i have full admin rights, i am pretty good with TES4CS but new to GECK (although it looks basically the same).

masterulukai said he solved the Hair problem. Care to share the solution?

Quick edit before i hit post :)

Clothing works thanks to Loxy's method #3 (although would that work with a new own mod which just modifies, say the stripclub mod?).

Hair still looks like the back is from the custom, but the front and top are shaved and only have a few spots there. (like the nasty default with the spotty hair).

Could it be a meshes problem?