Activision threatens to drop PS3 & PSP

Varus Torvyn

Wow. Just wow. Not even two days since this news article was posted, and already 2,369 members have commented about it.

By the way, Activision does not mean the cost of the machine, but what they make per game on the PS3 & PSP versus other platforms. Link

Does it really matter, they didn't make very good games to begin with, the only good game was Call of duty and prototype, and that hasn't been released yet, so who knows.

A ps3 price drop is not really realistic, because of all the features that it has, and not to mention free online, and a blue ray player, some BD players could go for 600$. So the ps3 is a bargain.

• 2 weeks later...
i own a psp. in fact this post is from it. i have the first version of the psp. i only use it for one game: socom us navy seals tactical strike (number 87 in the world xD). and also for forums and stuff. i think the point is that sony's products cost more but they also are superior to other companies. PS2 was the sh>t. they arent makin monay off the 3 because the 360 is so much cheaper. also because its all about the online play where sony fails to compete. personaly i dont care what they do with da prodct

Come on the 360 compared to the ps3, i am not a fanboy i own both. The online play is far superior on the ps3 compared to the 360, the fact you have to pay is one factar and the other is reliability. I don't understand you 360 fonboys, i suggest you get both and see for yourself. I also have the psp lite 2000 model, and its great. I am not going to get the over priced go, its not worth 200$. Until they lower it on release, i am not downgrading lol.

One reason why its cheaper is because its already obsolete. Newer technology always costs more.

I don't think its worth 50$ for those two features, the ps3 has a friends option as well, I do have to admit chatting while playing can be a pain though. As soon as firmware 3.00 comes out, i think that'll change, look it up. It might be a huge xmb change.

And companies that are "struggling" to put out half decent games like activision. Anyway like it because there are a few gemes for the xbox 360 like fable 2 and Dead rising when it first came out, i am getting 2 for the ps3 when it comes out.

I just thought of something, i probably already stated thiis in another thread (is xbox 360 going downhill), i wonder if its still arround. Anway the 360 isn't all that cheaper, especially when you have all those added features like a hard drive and so on, they can go for 250$ witch i think is a rip if you ask me, you can get a ssd drive for the same price. Also the battery's on the controller don't last very long since they are double A, that really bothered me. When buying them all can be very expensive.

On the controller part, what where they thinking >:(

Plus with the PS3 you don't pay for the online, so in the end you end up paying a hell of a lot more for the XBox than you do for the PS3.

Also about the controllers, yeah, they take friggin' batteries, the PS3 controllers don't.

Plus we have six-axis control :P

And a higher resolution :P