Konahrik - Dragon Priest Follower Mod

ppoiss

also i cant seem to get him to put on his mask. idk what his problem is but this guy just doesn't do what he's told. the idea of him as a rebel fits perfect. :)

i'm fairly certain i can make him give you a summon spell on death. or make a quest that trigger as soon as you enter the same cell as him. any idea where to put him?

not really. somewhere in blackreach maybe? probably a draugr ruin tho. which one is the question. when i get home from work i'll look around and see whichs ruins dont already have dragon priest encounter.

i was thinking of a small custom room using the draugr tileset to make a sealed tomb in blackreach for him that you have to unseal. then because of his curse/binding he attacks, you defeat him and he becomes a low cost, long term summon. make it seem like the other dragon priest sealed him away in the deepest, darkest place they could find.

That seems perfect. I'd love having that as a summon.

Maybe make a book titled the forsaken with the back story on how his treachery by siding against alduin led to an epic battle but being to strong for the other 12 to handle they locked him away in black reach to slowly rot away until the time alduin makes his return to claim the land of nirn.

@Dracula420:

Wasn't there a second dungeon in Labyrinthian? Not the main one used for the Mage's guild quest, but the one off to the side? I feel like that side one didn't have a priest encounter, or much use if I remember correctly...

@gierheart:

A backstory would be nice. I don't remember if they go into a lot of depth while you try to get the masks.

ok i took a look at that side area in the CK. its a very short dungeon crawl with no boss and a crappy end of dungeon with no boss chest. im thinking this will be a patch to fix that. i want to extend the older looking area down a bit more and then have some sort of sealed coffin that the dragon priests usually pop out of that you have to figure out how to open. maybe collect some quest items or something, maybe if you have his mask the proximity makes him muster the effort to break free? idk for now i will try to get a simple "kill him get summon spell" quest that triggers when you walk in. we can sort out the complicated stuff when/if i can get that working. this is definitely going to be a learn as you go thing for me.

and to anybody reading this, how do i get him to equip his mask? i just want it there for show whether you(the player) has it or not. i tried giving him a non playable, non enchanted copy of it but it didn't work he wont equip it in game.

EDIT was reading the wiki page on dragon priests and found something interesting. they where somewhat respectable when they where still in the old country of Atmora, and that dragon priests and cultist where some of the first people from atmora to arrive in the skyrim area of tamriel. supposedly something changed in the dragon preists making them rule with an iron fist and straight out enslave people (maybe alduins growing madness?). as a supposedly respectable preist konahrik might have been like what the hell are you all doing? and ended up rebeling againt them, leading to his eventual sealing away. what might be interesting is that his rebellion might have planted the seed for paarthurnax's eventual side switch, and led akatosh and kynerath to give mortals a fighting chance by making dragonborns. which would make konahrik a freaking badass unsung hero of the nords.

Edited by Dracula420

No worries if it isn't perfect. That's what patches are for :P And that last tidbit is interesting. Maybe being sealed away made him bitter which is why you fight him after his release. Upon his defeat, he's freed from the guilt of his betrayal and resentment from being confined, which moves him to leave a tome behind for his summoning, to help you fight in order to atone for his and the other priests' transgressions? Idk, something like that :)