Evil Mount Vendor

Triforce1

Perhaps you are familiar with my Daedroth Mount mod. Maybe not. Either way, it was recently suggested to me that I make more like this, since the first one was well-received. The mod has been taken up, and I have worked a little bit into it. You can think of it as an Oblivion Mount Project for evil players. Anyway, the idea goes that the player can find a vendor who will sell mounts of a dark or evil nature. Based on the player's infamy, new and more nasty mounts will become available. I have not decided if Conjuration skill will come into play, but it would only make sense, so it probably will. This post line is to decide what creatures you would like to have as mounts available from this guy. Please keep in mind that the creature should be of a dark nature and lend itself well to a mount with minor NifSkope node tweaking (long back, well off the ground, etc. In other words, no Imps or Mud Crabs or Humanoids). It will be my first vendor, so I want to get him right. I'll have some voiceless dialogue to go with each of the creatures, as soon as I figure out how. TES CS Wiki, here I come! Anyway, below is the list of creatures I already plan on and the order in which you can acquire them.

-Black Bull- The "evil in training" mount. Already Finished. Retexture utilizing Mr. Siika's farm animal resource.

-Dark Bear- The "you're getting there" mount. Vanilla Bear retexture.

-Boar- The "lumbering dangerous" mount. Vanilla Boar, supersized.

-Black Unicorn- The "sinister fast" mount. Already Finished. Bareback Shadowmere clone with a horn.

-Dark Clannfear- The "frightening fast" mount. Vanilla Clannfear with Slof's Alien retexture.

-Daedroth- The "seriously badass slow" mount. Already Finished. Vanilla Daedroth retexture.

-Shadow Durzog- The "seriously badass fast" mount. Uses Mr. Siika's resource.

Thanks for the help, when it comes.

-Triforce1

Okay, just an update for anyone who cares. The Bull, Bear, Boar, Unicorn, Clannfear, and Daedroth mounts are finished. Only one left is the durzog. After much work on the bear, boar, and clannfear mounts, I decided to throw in the hat and use pre-existing mods. Only once everything I had done was overwritten did I find that these other authors were having similar issues (player sinking into the ground a little and the like). Oh well. All credit will be given appropriately, thanks to you all for saying it's cool to use. But this durzog already scares me a little, particularly if it will be as hard to do as the boar was. Maybe I'll try to rig it from a dog mount mod...

Again, another update. The Durzog is finished (rigged by myself, this one was), which means all creatures to be included in v1.0 of the mod are completed. Yay. Anyway, now I'd love to have anyone who wants to to beta test these critters for me. I'd appreciate it because then I could be setting up the vendor at the same time. But whatever, seems no one care to post here anyway. Maybe reception will improve when the mod is released.

• 1 year later...