"not found"

willbaws

so I've noticed that after installing some mods, some spells and cantrips names and description are "not found" the abilities works just fine only the tooltips seem to have a problem

I cant seem to find if its a load order problem or a specific mod problem, basically I've been at it for a while so I'm making this post in the hopes that someone has some knowledge of it

the mods I'm using currently if it helps

I won't claim with a 100% certainty that this is the problem, but I think it is mostly in the mod file themselves. From my own experience, in EA when I made my mod that adds an extra skin color I could change the "DisplayName", which had a "FixedString", to give it a name with plain text. Now in full release it is a "TranslatedString" and now requires a handle of letters and numbers. Example:

<attribute id="DisplayName" type="TranslatedString" handle="h57a7b9feg02cbg4661g9554g75b75678aade" version="1"/>

Doing it with plain text causes "Not Found", and changing it to a "FixedString" caused the game to crash with the mod. I decided to leave it blank with my mod for now, as I felt "Not Found" would be more confusing.

Not sure what needs to be done to change these to say the right thing, perhaps it is using the handle to get the name from some other file. Hopefully someone will figure it out.

I won't claim with a 100% certainty that this is the problem, but I think it is mostly in the mod file themselves. From my own experience, in EA when I made my mod that adds an extra skin color I could change the "DisplayName", which had a "FixedString", to give it a name with plain text. Now in full release it is a "TranslatedString" and now requires a handle of letters and numbers. Example:

<attribute id="DisplayName" type="TranslatedString" handle="h57a7b9feg02cbg4661g9554g75b75678aade" version="1"/>

Doing it with plain text causes "Not Found", and changing it to a "FixedString" caused the game to crash with the mod. I decided to leave it blank with my mod for now, as I felt "Not Found" would be more confusing.

Not sure what needs to be done to change these to say the right thing, perhaps it is using the handle to get the name from some other file. Hopefully someone will figure it out.

I had completely missed that BG3 Modder's Multitool already has a generator for TranslatedString.

I had completely missed that BG3 Modder's Multitool already has a generator for TranslatedString.

wow I don't know how to use this site on phone but uh alright so I guess it's somewhat just fine then from what I get? like I said the spells works just fine it's just the description thats affected.... alright then thank for some info I'll just wait and see and try to not get to bugged from seeing "not found" while playing

• 1 month later...