Help converting 3d models

Gwaddan

Sorry for such a rude request but due to 3D MAX taking an extreme dislike to my laptop I am unable to convert and import some 3d models to GECK.

The models include 3 tank meshes tha I am trying to import for use in my 2 WIP mods.

Is there anyone out there able and willing to help me with this problem?

I would have course give credit for the conversions and be eternally thankfull for any help.

The problem is this, I have finally got max to work, and am using some pre built 3d models of some tanks (with permission of course!!) Have had little success converting them to nif, only one so far is successfully converting to nif and is visable in the nifskope viewer, Although has no textures in the viewer, Attempting to load it in GECK results in a floating red diamond, (missing object icon), Will be posting more info refering to the other models on the monday.

easiest way to get models in game is to take an existing fallout 3 model and open it in nifskope then copy and paste-over the NiTriStripsData block(s). then save it as a new one.

to get at the original nifs, use Fallout3 Mod Manager's "BSA Unpacker" tool

Unfortunately trying to copy over the NiTriStripsData has not worked for me I have located the modelling sticky but I have trouble following the steps layed out for example laying a collision box etc. These problems have further been compounded by Nifskope having a nervous breakdown and refusing to run at all, even after an uninstall/reinstall.