Struggling to manage Multiplayer & Solo mod lists

covenelf

Hello, I play BG3 alone and with my friends. My solo playthrough has 95+ mods, and our multiplayer game has 40. Yesterday we installed identical mods and set up load order to be same for both of us and the game worked perfectly. After we were done, I backed up this game's version with 40 mods and created a profile on Vortex. I added more mods to a separate profile so I could play solo. Today I tried pasting these backup folders and switching profile so we could resume our multiplayer playthrough and all of the sudden the game is refusing to let us connect through multiplayer, I get kicked out midway loading to our load save. So due to this confusing mod list managing I was wondering if I can have two separate game installs and have two separate mod lists I could manage, preferably on Vortex. How can I achieve that? If you encountered this issue, how did you handle it and what would you suggest? I really can't wait around until my friends feel like playing, I want to have my own solo stuff.

I really need help with this, It's been really frustrating trying to have two working versions of the game with separate mod lists so I could enjoy my alone time AND play with my friends.

Edited by covenelf

Same, I'd love to be able to plug and unplug my mods easily.

With BG3 Mods Manager, you can turn them on and off, but there are some mods that are just additional files here and there, and therefore I can't just turn these off, I have to take those files out to be able to play with friends. Appart from those, I'm not sure turning the mods off with BG3MM is engough to play with friends ? BG3MM can edit the modslist automatically so that's great, but is it enough ? I'll try it out when I can.

• 1 month later...

With BG3 Mods Manager, you can turn them on and off, but there are some mods that are just additional files here and there, and therefore I can't just turn these off, I have to take those files out to be able to play with friends. Appart from those, I'm not sure turning the mods off with BG3MM is engough to play with friends ? BG3MM can edit the modslist automatically so that's great, but is it enough ? I'll try it out when I can.

So with BG3 Mod Manager, we have to manually remove all of the pak files in the mods directory. It's not enough to save/export mod order in BG3 Mod manager. So I made a simple file move script that moves the pak files out when I want to play without mods.

So with BG3 Mod Manager, we have to manually remove all of the pak files in the mods directory. It's not enough to save/export mod order in BG3 Mod manager. So I made a simple file move script that moves the pak files out when I want to play without mods.

Is there any chance you might be able to post the script file somewhere for people to use, or provide some instruction on how to do this oneself? I have edited script files before, but am relatively new with creating one from scratch.

On 10/8/2023 at 3:38 PM, PAeshfluff said:

On 10/3/2023 at 2:27 AM, GoodManArthurMorgan said:

On 9/2/2023 at 12:24 PM, Odulac said:

So with BG3 Mod Manager, we have to manually remove all of the pak files in the mods directory. It's not enough to save/export mod order in BG3 https://gocdkeys.com Mod manager. So I made a simple file move script that moves the pak files out when I want to play without mods.

Is there any chance you might be able to post the script file somewhere for people to use, or provide some instruction on how to do this oneself? I have edited script files before, but am relatively new with creating one from scratch.

:geek: Quite important question. Are they going to launch a mod system with which to activate and deactivate the installed mods? I say this because I get a lot of errors when I try to play cooperatively :pinch: , and having to manually remove files is a bit... you know... I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Edited by Pisustos35