Modding question: can the game play specific sounds when opening specific books?

Hmudaa

Basically, the game's fonts are way too tiny, and the size-increase mods just end up messing up the UI.

The workaround I though would work is if the game allowed the playing of specific sound files when opening specific books. That way, we could just run all of the game's books through one of those fancy new AI speech generators, and play them when opening those books. I mean, listen to this:

https://i.imgur.com/32oxHFj.mp4

I literally just copy-pasted the text into the elevenlabs synthesizer, waited less than 30 seconds for it to finish, and I got a pretty great quality narration of the story.

If the game allowed the playing of sound files when opening books for this kind of narration, it would be a big help in both making the game a bit more immersive, and help people with bad eyesight who need to lean close to the screen to read the ant sized letters in books and notes.

There are all sorts of voices available for free, so it would be possible to give different voices to different actors in written dialogues.

• 3 weeks later...