Loading saves is now crashing at 60% after Patch 1 as many others are seeing. Does anyone care?

HagaryMJW

I have been reading the forum and posts associated with Mod Fixer, 5espells, etc., and there appear to be a large number of us incapable of loading saves after Patch 1. I thought the fix would be identified within a week, but I don't see any formal acknowledgement or advice on how to fix. When mods crash your game are you just SOL? I'm about to start over from scratch, losing 40+ hours of playtime, and swearing off this mod stuff. Just really surprised at the power of mods, and the lack of any clear advice on how to resolve issues when they arise, despite using the mod manager as directed.

I've been experiencing the same save-loading issue since the introduction of Patch 1, and the problem has persisted into Patch 2. While I previously managed to circumvent the issue by reverting to an older save when transitioning from Hotfix 4 to Patch 1, I now find that all my saves from Patch 1 are either corrupted or incompatible with Patch 2.

From what I've read on forums, any mod now is obsolete until the creators for the mods you've installed update their current ones with Patch 2. Only one I've found so far that seems to updated their mod was ImproveUI, but things like Character Creator, Different Hair styles etc... just made your game crash, can't do skill checks, or engage with NPCs.

Edited by AedanDraws

I haven't bothered to update to Patch 2, because my saves started crashing with Patch 1. Does anyone know how to get the release PRIOR to Patch 1? I'd downloaded it, but stupidly deleted it when I updated and it isn't showing in Extras as an option - only the latest version is there.