Project: Black Knight

DWMHitMan

The latest revision to the story makes more sense.

I don't intend to be anal about lore, but why would Pres. Richardson order the effective occupation of The City?

Pres. Richardson (and also Pres. Eden) sought to remove contaminated humans instead of ruling over them. Their general goal is to start fresh-a new America inhabited by the descendants of Enclave personnel. Thus, it would make more sense if the Enclave would kill off those living in the area in the name of eugenics and genetic screening. Unless there's a catch, an exception.

Perhaps an exception could be that the people living in The City are immune to radiation due to special undefined circumstances. Or perhaps the Enclave needs the population to be put to work to build a massive structure which the Enclave could not build alone. Or maybe the Enclave needs the people as guinea pigs?

Whatever the reason, I believe that it needs to be both compelling and plausible.

Having read the premise and backstory of this project, I believe it's going to be a lot of work. But the good news is that it's quite doable if you would use readily available 3D assets and not make new models until all the quest, worldspaces, cells, dialogues, ai packages, and scripting are done.

If I'm not tied up with other projects, I would be glad to help. But for now, I'll just be monitoring this thread and hope that work on this project is underway.

So keep at it, HitMan. :)

P.S.

Perhaps you meant guerrilla instead of gorilla?

=============Original Post Updated=============

Thanks Callighan I'd be honored to have you aboard if your available. For now on the read me I'll just mark you as an exceptional idealist.

An ambitious idea! I respect that. A few things, though:

As to the Enclave/Pres Richardson/Eden/Lore contingency: I think it would be simpler to have been a splinter group or faction of the former government cut off from communication with the proper Enclave. That gives you an easy out for any discrepancies between this faction and vanilla Enclave. It would stand to reason that, among such devastation there might be a dozen such factions across the country vying for power in their respective locations.

As well, I'll echo the advice from other such mod threads: it's generally proper etiquette to start work on your own before asking for help. This accomplishes a few things. It helps to convince those that might help you that you are committed to the project and won't just bail on a whim leaving their efforts swinging in the wind and that you've got ownership of it. A lot of people with the know-how are probably working on their own stuff rather than chomping at the bit for a massive project to toil away at. It wouldn't be a bad idea to knock out a map or two, maybe just a couple of interiors and post pictures of them so people know you're working on it, too. It also shows that you'll know how to answer succinctly when someone says "what do you need me to do?"

Also, it helps if when asking for things, you be as specific as possible. Rather than "I need a new tile set for stuff in the city" try "I need some tiles I can make an arena or stadium out of" or "Could someone make me a red leather jacket like Michael Jackson wore in the "Beat It" video (WTF am I thinking?)" Providing source material pictures helps, too. As well, the smaller the thing is you're asking for, the more likely it is to get done by uncommitted volunteers.

I'm not trying to lecture you, but I'm trying to give you some tips for some success in this. It sounds like a really cool idea, but you'll have some trouble ushering support the way you're currently going about it. From what you've posted, there's no way to know what kind of experience you've got with the tools. It comes off as "I've got a great idea, who will do it for me?" even though I know that's not what you're trying to say.

Like I said before, it sounds like a really cool idea with a lot of potential to play with some neat themes. If I wasn't idiot enough to post about my own stupidly huge project (thus ensuring commitment), I'd probably be in big. But I'm able to find precious little time to work on my own project as it is. If there's something small you need done, I'll see what I can manage, but in the meantime I'll follow this thread and offer advice when I've got some.