Accessibility Mod Request: This might require exe decompilation/analysis, not sure. Please help if you can.

DuskWulf

Larian, for whatever reason, took the controller UI only option out of Patch #2. I've tried with no mods/game folder files and a fresh install on both my and my partner's systems and we can only conclude they just took it out.

I have extremely poor sight. The controller UI was a blessing for me, as I was able to use Windows magnifier to have agency, to do things such as reading tooltips—it allowed me to move the magnifier without the tooltip disappearing. I really enjoyed this. I don't know why Larian took it away.

I know the option wasn't saving, I had to set it every time I launched the game... But I'd think that's a reason to fix it, not to completely remove an accessibility feature. I mean, they had it in the accessibility menu, they knew what it was. I'm a little bit stunned by this as they just took my ability to play the game away, and I was enjoying it.

I doubt Larian will fix this with any expedience, accessibility usually isn't a large enough company's first concern. So I'm putting this out there to the mod community...

Is there anything in the game files that would allow the controller UI to be forced, or is it just gone entirely? I know that some clever clogs have even been up to things with hooks, so I have this hopeful little wonder that maybe there's a call the game runs when it takes KB/M input that triggers the switching over, perhaps that call could be stopped in memory. If I were really clever, perhaps I might be able to figure something out with decompilation/analysis or CheatEngine, but that isn't in my wheelhouse.

So, right now... I just can't play the game. It's funny, I paid for the deluxe editions for my partner and I because I knew the game had this option, so to see it removed is quite the kick in the teeth.

If you can help? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. Being disabled isn't a fun time as-is, and things like this are deeply dehumanising experiences.