Looking for a way to bypass the error message "Graphics card does not meet minimum requirement"

tomshreds

Hi,

Historically, there's always been ways to bypass pretty much anything using INI files, modding, etc.

Starfield has a new error message that when the GPU doesn't meet the game's requirements, the game shows an error message saying "Graphics card does not meet minimum requirement" and exits. The game doesn't even try to run.

The thing is, the list of supported GPUs seems really arbitrary as I'm currently playing the game on a much less than subpar business laptop. It has some on-board AMD GPU chip and it can run Starfield at 30fps with low settings.

I have a different setup, server I run that a NVIDIA Tesla T4 that should be more than enough to run the game. But as it is server hardware, the GPU doesn't seem to be in the game's arbitrary gpu list. I wish I could bypass that check and run the game anyway.

There has to be a way. I've tried all sort of things like looking at the exact GPU product name through nvidia-smi.exe and adding it in that new JSON file containing supported GPU alongside their suggested configuration option but to no avail.

I'm running out of option and I know there has to be a way. Because there are also a lot of players with consumer-level GPU that SHOULD handle the game just fine and they still get kicked out the game because it's not on the game's list of GPU.

Here is a screenshot of that message:

3631a6f0-257f-4f9e-b656-0a2368304656.png

Please whoever's got some good modding chops, give this a try. I swear if you get to make a mod out of this it'll become very popular very quickly.

Cheers!

Edited by tomshreds

Yes please! :laugh: It seems to me this is an artificial error injected by Microsoft to force an update to 22H2. This update offers the end user nothing other than hours of debloating and killing all the telemetry/spyware. If anyone finds a work around I would be grateful. Killing Cortana the raid boss was difficult 5 years ago I don't know if it is possible now :sad:

I'm also looking for a bypass, this looks like some BS artificial block to me. I'm definite it's not some windows update or driver issue.

I'm definitely under requirements, but I can run anything modern fine and let's be honest this is a Bethesda game, so why should I be blocked from running it? I suspect the .exe might be to blame, gonna try the pirated version to see if it's still causes it.

There is a file that has a list of graphic cards and what graphic settings each one defaults to. So maybe(this is a big maybe) adding your card to the list might make it work. The file is called

DefaultGlobalGraphicsSettings.json its in the root game folder, one with starfield.exe

Unfortunately it also seems to be a problem on systems that are up to date on windows updates and with cards in the json (gtx 3060)

https://i.imgur.com/uqoogRS.png

Wow way to go bugthesda. And here is me on Linux(arch btw) with old drivers, playing the game just fine. I have to use older drivers cause the newest ones cause the game to crash.

I was going to add my GPU into the JSON but it is already in there :confused: {
"gpuId" : "AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT",
"defaultQuality" : "high"
},

No response from Bethesda since early access launch day. :down: The freakn card was sold with Starfield premium edition

This 'error' message is part of a larger strategy designed to allow Starfield to deploy mostly Windows 11 API everything (which is backwards compatible with Windows 10). We CANNOT recode Starfield, so Starfield gamers should consider bringing the graphics drivers and Windows 10 up-to-date, or avoid MS gamepass games.

I believe Starfield even uses the controversial Directstorage, from personal experience of my NVMe ruining loading times until I changed its driver from the correct one to the generic MS one- an issue many on Steam and Reddit are reporting without people understanding their NVMe driver is the problem.

On a computer, if you get an error message from an app, please do not ignore it. It is good that it is there. Maybe you have the tech awareness to understand the warning is not relevant for your particular set-up. It is more likely you are wrong, however, and your system would benefit from current updates. This obviously excludes any notion of changing to Windows 11. Windows 11 is terrible and should be avoided.