Mods Keep Resetting

RyuTakahashi117

Currently running Skyrim Special Edition on Windows 11 with mods. I recently added just one mod, then when I went to reload, all my mods reset, character went bald, and lost lots of inventory items. Tried reloading, but no luck. I'll sometimes get a weird bug where my character is bald and all of my mods reset. This also brakes the save. I've noticed that it's only with mods that edit or add any scripts. An example of the mods I'm having trouble with is Keeping it clean and Coins of Tamriel. I have no idea what has caused this issue to occur. Sorting my load order does nothing. I'm gonna try to redownload Skyrim SSE, will that work? Any ideas? Could I have too many plugins?

Device name Senso_Kikai
Processor 13th Gen Intel® Core i7-13700KF 3.40 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
Device ID 245DD30A-9597-446C-8D4E-B9BA338B87ED
Product ID 00342-21033-13434-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎5/‎12/‎2023
OS build 22621.2134
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22659.1000.0

If mod settings aren't being retained, it sounds (to me) like it's possible that maybe you have some sort of permissions issue on the folders you're using to run the game.

Otherwise, you must have some mod enabled that's acting as a "governor" of sorts.

have you investigated this on the widenet yet?

I wouldn't know where to begin with that? I'm just starting over to see if that works, but seems like the saves are corrupted and mods are at their limit possibly. I wish there was a way to weed out the bad ones so I can retain my saved games

Try checking Windows Security for any files that have been quarantined. Likewise, check the 'Properties' information on each of Skyrim's folders in your \Users\Documents\My Games folder, and the Data folder in \steamapps\Skyrim Special Edition folder. If your Skyrim is installed in the C:\Program Files (x86) folder, that folder is notorious for causing permission and, by extension, write problems.

Which version of Special Edition are you using? What mod manager?

Posting your load order (in spoiler tags) might also be useful if the above checks don't help.

Using Vortex Mod Manager and the Skyrim Special EDition on Steam Deck. Could FNIS also be a problem thats causing the CTD and corrupted saves? It keeps asking to upgrade to Anniversary whenever I load in, but changed the permission in Steam Deck to not change it. Checked the folders for Steam, they are correct. Should I go down my list of mods and plugins?

Some mods may not work well/at all with the different versions of Skyrim SE, and I definitely don't know how Steam Deck affects that mechanic. I posted something on your FNIS problem as well, but what I posted there might not be very useful on a Steam Deck installation, don't know. Corrupted saves have long been a problem in Skyrim, but there are 'fixes' mods to help, again - I don't know if they are useful on Steam Deck.

Maybe do an internet search for "Steam Deck Skyrim SE bugs", or replace bugs with corrupted saves?

When I go to my menu, it says version 1.6.6, how do I downgrade and fix that? Could my mods be resetting and my game becoming corrupted because the version is wrong? Should I not upgrade to the Anniversary Edition and just stick with the Special Edition? Is that why my saves are becoming corrupted and game crashes?

"C:\Users\dcies\Videos\Captures\Skyrim Special Edition 2023-09-04 22-24-07.mp4"

Anniversary Edition has two variations - the 'free' update that only contains four former Creation Club mods, the second is a purchasable upgrade with over 70 extra mods. Depending on the marketing, you may already have the free AE in your deck, and they are trying to 'upsell' you on the paid upgrade.