Where do you get your voice actors? Or do you?

Quetzlsacatanango

I have seen a few threads with individuals volunteering their services, kudos to them. But outside of a couple of people, where do you find voice actors for your mods? It doesn't seem like there are many out there that are voiced, so maybe it is a broad problem. I think I am going to have a bigger issue as I am in need of a female voice actor for YACQM (Yet Another Companion Quest Mod) and there is a hell of a lot of sausage around here :)

I am trying to build a character with some depth and personality and voice seems like it would go a long way to achieve that, so any advice is appreciated.

i might be able to con my gf into doing some voice acting, I just got her into playing Oblivion, she likes to hack things apart with her sword LOL.

what kind of female voice acting do you need? She will ask that right away so i should have an answer for her ;)

send me a msg and maybe we can work something out

Another option would be to simply record the voices yourself, then alter the pitch/frequency/(can't remember what it's called) to make it sound more like a female (just make the sound lighter if you understand what I mean).

Tried that once. It sounded ludicrous. Even if you maintain the time signature so that you don't sound like a chipmunk, you aren't going to fool anyone unless you already have an effeminate voice.

Helium, anyone?