How do I export an animation from Blender to Nifskope then the CK?

AtomsChosen

As I understand it is possible to make simple animations in Nifskope such as fans rotating. I would like to know how to do this too, but I have a fair bit of experience animating in blender so being able to export animations from blender then to nifskope and then to the creation kit. How do I go about doing this? Right now I just want to export a few simple rotation animations, but may need to export complex ones too.

EDIT: To clarify. I want to know both about exporting 2d animations that play on textures and 3d animations.

Edited by RayoftheSun

There's a collection of python scripts called Nifly, Nify or similar you can use to export from Blender to Nif and vice versa. I'm a total tool when it come to Blender so you will probably be better at making use of it. Google the name + "blender", "extension" etc and you will find it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/52319?tab=posts

Are you sure about this? I went to the page for this addon and it says it doesn't export animations.

Animation with sequences for static objects is done in 3ds (max 2013-2014). The gamebryo animation manager is used and special keyframed collision types are selected. Without GAM, you can only make looped animations without sequences. I think it is possible to create animation without collisions in blender (like clothes, animObject or AddOnNode) But I don't know how you will create collisions without havok and bgs exporter tools. I don't think it's possible to create this in Blender.Animation can be looped in nifscope. To do this, the controller and material flags must be switched from Clamp to Cycl.

Animation with sequences for static objects is done in 3ds (max 2013-2014). The gamebryo animation manager is used and special keyframed collision types are selected. Without GAM, you can only make looped animations without sequences. I think it is possible to create animation without collisions in blender (like clothes, animObject or AddOnNode) But I don't know how you will create collisions without havok and bgs exporter tools. I don't think it's possible to create this in Blender.Animation can be looped in nifscope. To do this, the controller and material flags must be switched from Clamp to Cycl.

Doesn't 3Dsmax cost like 250 a month or around 3000 dollars for a one time purchase? I am not entirely sure I want to spend that kind of money on a hobby project. Thats the thing. So if it is possible to do in blender in some capacity I would like to find out how.

My second question then is this. Regardless of whether an animation can be looped or not and whether or not it can have collisions, how would I an export an animation from blender into Nifskope? I can worry about getting it into the CK later. The last sentence in your post seems to imply that it is possible to have looping animations exported from blender. Switching the controlling and material flags from clamp to cycle doesn't sound super hard or time consuming.

Also for reference. Lets assume I have a cube that is animated to move in a zig zag or something like that. And its controlled by a bone. I already know how to export nifs from blender to nifskope and nifskope to the CK, but I am not sure about the animations specifically.

Doesn't 3Dsmax cost like 250 a month or around 3000 dollars for a one time purchase? I am not entirely sure I want to spend that kind of money on a hobby project. Thats the thing. So if it is possible to do in blender in some capacity I would like to find out how.

My second question then is this. Regardless of whether an animation can be looped or not and whether or not it can have collisions, how would I an export an animation from blender into Nifskope? I can worry about getting it into the CK later. The last sentence in your post seems to imply that it is possible to have looping animations exported from blender. Switching the controlling and material flags from clamp to cycle doesn't sound super hard or time consuming.

Also for reference. Lets assume I have a cube that is animated to move in a zig zag or something like that. And its controlled by a bone. I already know how to export nifs from blender to nifskope and nifskope to the CK, but I am not sure about the animations specifically.

Unfortunately, I cant tell you anything about Blender. I use 3ds and bgs exporter to export gamebryo animations and hct2014 to export havok animations. But by analogy... I use animations without sequences (both kinematics and uv animation) for, for example, clothes (you can create animation without sequences for statics with collision in the same way). To do this I simply animate the keys and export the nif as pe weapon, or pe static art. In the Nifscope I switch the controllers to cycle. Switching flags takes me no more than 1-2 minutes. That's not for long.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/2IUkVlKaqn5bKQ

You can use this nif as an example of animation without sequences.

Edited by South8028