Local Flavor glitch?

quartet1977

Hi, I'm doing the part of Local Flavor where you have to clear out the west wing of the mansion. The intercom works, so I get the message about blowing something up. That something is not in the room where it should be. I've seen a video of this so I know what to look for and where to look. I've reloaded older saves, played through the earlier parts of the quest, and always the same thing: no boiler or whatever it is, just a red glow near the spot where it should be. Tossing grenades in the room does nothing. Also, in the video, at least three enemies run out of that small room off the bedroom. In my game, only one comes out. Could the others be stuck in the attic? Is some scripted event not happening? Is this a glitch? Or am I just missing something altogether? Thanks!

EDIT: here's the room I'm talking about: http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt122/quartet1977/Fallout32009-06-2507-50-19-25.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a red glow hmmm have you got all the patches up to 1.6 ?

can you take a better pic close up? its hard to see

i'm all patched up to 1.6. i just redownloaded and installed PL, and that did not fix the problem. i am wondering if it is a mod conflict. here's a closeup pic: http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt122/quartet1977/Fallout32009-06-2513-03-38-63.jpg

yea start there do you have MMM / Mart's Mutant Mod mod installed ?

if you do try turning that off first as its dont work with Point Lookout yet

yea start there do you have MMM / Mart's Mutant Mod mod installed ?

if you do try turning that off first as its dont work with Point Lookout yet

thanks for the suggestion. i just tried turning off MMM and no luck. same with shutting off fook. next, i'll try it with all mods off and see what happens. another question: you know the hole right over the dining room? are you supposed to be able to fall through it, because i can't. and i can't get into the room to the right of the hole either. i see a medkit in there, so it seems like i should be able to get in. weird.

there should be a boiler there...

MMM causes problems with Point Lookout and FOOK is broken.

turn off both for safe measure.

something is causing conflict somewhere...there are a lot of scripted sequences (like the hole) that aren't activating for you.

trial and error troubleshooting is the only way.

there should be a boiler there...

MMM causes problems with Point Lookout and FOOK is broken.

turn off both for safe measure.

something is causing conflict somewhere...there are a lot of scripted sequences (like the hole) that aren't activating for you.

trial and error troubleshooting is the only way.

I've turned off both and still no luck! I figure, too, that it's something scripted that's getting messed up, but I think I've turned off all mods that mess with the scripts. I'll go through them again, and keep turning them off, until I find the culprit. Thanks for the reply!

The problem is fixed! Just don't ask me how. I turned off all my mods and the script played out as it should, so I slowly started turning mods back on and repeating, thinking I would eventually trigger the problem again, as I was always starting from the same save. But the problem never came back - even with FOOK, MMM, and a host of others. I'm glad it's working but I wish I knew what happened, as I spent so much time frustratedly trying to fix things it would have been nice to know what went wrong so I could spare someone else the experience.

most errors are always mods, if you know what one was doing it tell the person who made the mod, maybe they will fix it :)

most errors are always mods, if you know what one was doing it tell the person who made the mod, maybe they will fix it :)

that's the problem - i can't figure out which mod it was. otherwise, i would do just as you suggested. here's hoping for no more grievous conflicts.