Point Lookout - missing water texture

Same hare, installed 1.6 but still no water however all my mods are working :) and yeah I think I also CTD less

Edit: I just remember one thing, after installing 1.6 I had strange glitch In Capital Wasteland. Water around Duchess Gambit was bright white but after few sec it returned to normal…also in Point Lookout when I looked at the bottom of ocean while standing on Duchess I saw something weird…ground texture looked like some kind of mosaic with some blue patterns and not sure but I think there where also some words…but it also returned to normal after few sec.

• 2 weeks later...

To all, I have had all the same issues:

1. No water texture in Point Lookout while in the "main territory" but correct in "portal" areas (caves/Sacred bog) while using FO3 v1.0.0.15 + Fake Patch + Unofficial Patch + FOMM + ArchiveInvalidatedInvalid! + Fallout 3 Edit. Like Highlander666, all the other effects are intact such as can see water splash effects with grenade/gun shots into the "invisible" fluid as are swimming and submerged effects are normal.

2. Have tried changing the shaderpackage (Bethesda 13 to 19) to force use of Shader 3.0 (supported on my nvidia GeForce 9500GS card) -- no effect

3. Directly added all meshes/textures extracted from Point Lookout BSA files into main FO3 Data folder -- no effect

4. Noted same "silver flicker" of the water surface in a rectangular patch of the Potomic River surrounding the Riverboat while docked in the Capital wasteland which would reappear with change of perspective on the dock or shore

5. Unrecoverable game crash on start up with FOSE after patched to 1.6

Likewise wonder -- what else to try?

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I’m havening this problem with missing water texture in Point Lookout. Anyone experienced it? Its like water was there but texture is gonne…I can swim when I walk in it, it makes sound and even if I shot I can see water distortion. I’m using 1.0.0.15 patch, unofficial patch + fake patch…also all other DLC’s and some other mods. Besides of that I didn’t encounter any other problems with this DLC even if im playing it under definitely not officially recommended setup ;)

In anyone has some ideas how to fix it I would really appreciate it :)

Post your load order- that will help us very much :D

This should really be in Mod Troubleshooting.

The problem you're experiencing is that some mod that you have edited the Point Lookout worldspace and omitted a flag.

If you're experienced with Fo3edit, you can fix this easilly.

Open up Fo3edit with all your mods.

Once it loads the references, click on PointLookout.esm and find "Worldspace".

Inside the Worldspace Entry, you will see DLC4PointLookout. It will most likely be Red, which means conflict. Click on it.

Find Data - Flags in the screen on the right. Right click on the rightmost entry in the table and select Edit. Enter the value 10000001

Close and save.

Tada.