Editing Interiors?

Lyrrlae

This part of the community looks dead in the water ... but I don't see any sort of mods on this topic. Is it even possible? For example, if I wanted to edit the interior of Abigail's hut? Maybe even Vesna's grandmother's house?

Thanks for your time! :ohdear:

This part of the community looks dead in the water ... but I don't see any sort of mods on this topic. Is it even possible? For example, if I wanted to edit the interior of Abigail's hut? Maybe even Vesna's grandmother's house?

It depends on what you mean by editing the interiors. The game comes with a certain set of possible location meshes, and you must use one of those. But you can set any door to lead to any of the location meshes; it doesn't have to be the one CDPR used for that particular house.

Inside the house, the objects that are in the house are called Placeables, and you can edit the placeables to your heart's content.

The Djinni wiki has a lot of information. You can read about locations at https://djinni.fandom.com/wiki/Locations, and placeables are discussed at https://djinni.fandom.com/wiki/Placeables.

In order to change what's in a given location -- such as Vesna's grandmother's house -- you need to open the module containing that locaton in Djinni and edit it. I have the English edition of the game, and in that edition, to edit a location, you copy the relevant .mod file from The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data\modules\!Final to C:\Users\Public\Documents\The Witcher. Then you change the file extension from .mod to .adv. Then you open it with Djinni. Once you've made the changes you want, you save the module and exit Djinni. Then you change the extension from .adv BACK to .mod. You back up the original module, then copy your changed module to the The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data\modules\!Final location.

During a game, locations that the player has already entered are saved as part of the saved game. So if you alter a location with Djinni, that will only apply to new locations that the player hasn't entered yet or to new play-throughs.

Have fun!

Edited by Corylea

It depends on what you mean by editing the interiors. The game comes with a certain set of possible location meshes, and you must use one of those. But you can set any door to lead to any of the location meshes; it doesn't have to be the one CDPR used for that particular house.

Inside the house, the objects that are in the house are called Placeables, and you can edit the placeables to your heart's content.

The Djinni wiki has a lot of information. You can read about locations at https://djinni.fandom.com/wiki/Locations, and placeables are discussed at https://djinni.fandom.com/wiki/Placeables.

In order to change what's in a given location -- such as Vesna's grandmother's house -- you need to open the module containing that locaton in Djinni and edit it. I have the English edition of the game, and in that edition, to edit a location, you copy the relevant .mod file from The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data\modules\!Final to C:\Users\Public\Documents\The Witcher. Then you change the file extension from .mod to .adv. Then you open it with Djinni. Once you've made the changes you want, you save the module and exit Djinni. Then you change the extension from .adv BACK to .mod. You back up the original module, then copy your changed module to the The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data\modules\!Final location.

During a game, locations that the player has already entered are saved as part of the saved game. So if you alter a location with Djinni, that will only apply to new locations that the player hasn't entered yet or to new play-throughs.

Have fun!

Thank you so much for your time, Corylea. :)