Bugged Buildings/Doors - Can't enter (nor can NPCs)

Vonatar74

No one found any solutions for this ?? :S:S , can anyone at least tell if you start a new game will it start to happen again. I would feel stupid if i tought its a save game corrupt and then put another 40 hours in a new one only for the bug to start again.

So far I have found using the console command "unlock" works for me to fix the bug if the door has a lock. I have also ran into a bugged unlocked door and the commands "disable" then "enable" seems to have worked for me.

Edit: My problem seems to have been from Perkus Maximus 1.2 for the locked doors and chests. I was a fool and didn't install the lockpicking hotfix for the newest version.

Edited by nighthawk90

I had the same problem: none of the doors on the outside of Winterhold College would open.

The mod Unblock - The Activation Fix was able to fix the door to the Hall of the Elements, but not the ones to the Halls of Countenance and Attainment.

I'm currently suspecting the Animations mod to be the cause of the bug. I'm starting anew without that mod and will report here if the problem reoccurs even without Animations.

Edit: it appears Animations has a built-in fix for situations such as this. MCM -> Animations -> Main -> scroll down to reveal the Emergency mode, which can unstick objects as well as NPC's (as opposed to the Unblock mod).

Edited by orgs1n

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I sometimes cannot enter Bannered Mare in Whiterun just after leaving the modified 'Breezehome FullyUpgradable' by Sku11M0nkey (there's animaton of the door opening but I cannot get in) but I fix it by either:

1) saving and reloding and/or

2) going into Belthor's General Goods first before going into Bannered Mare (althought sometimes I cannot get into any building at all including Belthor's General Goods) or

3) traveling away for a while and coming back to Whiterun after 24 hrs (I haven't tried a shorter period)

I'm not sure if it's the same problem as yours cause it has never been permanent and I can always fix with steps above. Also, it happens to me for the first time in this playthrough out of 4 playthroughs (this is the first time I used 'Breezehome FullyUpgradable' mod by Sku11M0nkey). Next time I'll try the one with sauna and jaccuzi in the basement and with lots of ingnots next to the forge after upgrade, it looked good on the video but couldn't find it when installing.

Question: when you (or NPCs) cannot enter a building, can you see the animation of door opening?

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem: none of the doors on the outside of Winterhold College would open.

The mod Unblock - The Activation Fix was able to fix the door to the Hall of the Elements, but not the ones to the Halls of Countenance and Attainment.

I'm currently suspecting the Animations mod to be the cause of the bug. I'm starting anew without that mod and will report here if the problem reoccurs even without Animations.

Edit: it appears Animations has a built-in fix for situations such as this. MCM -> Animations -> Main -> scroll down to reveal the Emergency mode, which can unstick objects as well as NPC's (as opposed to the Unblock mod).

Confirmed...in my case at least. Belethor's shop doors unable to be activated. Clicked 'Animations' in the MCM. An animation was running. Unfortunately the 'unstuck' tool only caused my character to freeze entirely. Went back to the autosave before entering the shop and all is well.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem, but instead of not being able to walk in, i randomly spawn in there and cant get out, this is very annoying since i cant do anything to get out, i have tried the lockpicking, but sometimes when i disable room.esp (Master Shape Shifter) it works, but then it happened again, i think it's bcause i did something im not supposed to with a mod or smth, i dont know what it would be tho :/

• 5 months later...

Well, this may not seem to be an issue with anyone from previous post, but a little heads up to anyone having a problem with missing prison cell doors and invisible barriers after unlocking the prison cell doors that refuse to let you or your follower(s) pass. It's a bug with SMIM v2.05 and was updated in v2.06. However, it's always recommended to update to the latest version which is currently v2.07.

I found this thread not knowing it it was exactly SMIM, but I knew it was mesh related and after uninstalling v2.05 everything worked and that's how I knew it was SMIM. So anyone running into this problem now knows.

• 1 month later...