Game runs fine, but mods aren't working.

lorelorelorelore

Is anyone else having this problem?

In the launcher, I get the warning "We've detected a data mismatch, which may be caused by unsupported mods, corrupt files (etc etc etc)" if I have ANY mods in the mods folder. Ignoring that, the game seems to run just fine, but none of the mods work in game. The character creation menu runs as usual with no additions.

I have tried different combinations with and without the Mod Fixer, Customizer, ImprovedUI, and a few different hair and face styles such as Tav's Hair Salon, Vessnelle hair packs, etc. (All I care about is finding a couple of faces and hairstyles I like better than the defaults.) I have tried doing several of them including Customizer's Compedium which supposedly has no requirements.

I only installed the game a few days ago (after the latest patch).

Am I missing something? This is the first time I've ever tried mods on any game, so anyone if anyone kind enough to explain could do it like I'm a baby, that would be great. That said, after messing with this for hours, I'm very confident I am putting the .pak files in the correct folder, and I am only putting .pak files in there, removing all folders, etc.