Modded game no longer loading

MessedUpStudio

Hi all,

this is my first time really modding a game (besides minecraft) and I have run into a problem with my saves. I had updated my mods and added a few new ones and now my old saves wont load. It'll go to 40% then to 60% and then crash. And the Crash doesn't show up into the log files. I have tried removing all the new mods and running it and that didn't work. Tried running it with no mods that also didn't work (but i didnt think it would just trying anything). If anyone has any ideas or if you need more information I would love any help.

Much love to the modders y'all are doing amazing work

I'm having the same issue, but the worst part is that I didn't even change my mod selection (but the game accuses that there are mods missing from last load)

Don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm using Vortex to manage my mods and I noticed that when this error started happening Vortex did not recognize one of the mods as being managed by it anymore and jumps it to the first in load order.

It happened once, but I was early ingame so I just started another campaign. It happened again, but with a completely different mod. Third campaign, I went all the way up to late Act 2, and now it happened with a third different mod. Curiously, all campaigns had the same three mods that were accused as being not managed by Vortex, but no campaign had the same culprit...

My 100 hr file is totally f*#@ed too. I cannot figure out what the problem is. Deactivated all the mods, still won't work. Makes a new character with the original mods - will work. First I thought it was Improved UI, it's not. Then I thought it was Appearance edit but it's not that either. Really sad and frustrated that I can't play the account I invested so much time into. :(

I don't know what actually did it, but I got the save to load again somehow...

What I did:

- Purged and uninstalled all the mods with Vortex

- Purged manually what else was left that wasn't vanilla files

- Restarted the computer

- Set steam to repair the game

- Deployed all mods again with Vortex and launched normally

Really don't know if it was enough or overkill, what I do know is that I can continue the campaign normally now - and that's good enough for me!

Hope it helps you guys somehow