Hold my hand please?

moxica

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11277

That's the mod.

I'm new to this kind of stuff.

How do I go about making an esp for it and getting it to work?

I've gone into the CS and I hit data and everything loads up, fine.

I just don't know how to get the Tex/Mesh into the weapons area to place it in the game.

I know I'm just missing a step or 2 but I don't know what they are, and the tutorials I've found so far, haven't addressed this.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if i don't ask, I don't learn.

Hold my hand please? :rolleyes:

once you load oblivion into the cs, go to weapons. Click on a bow and a pop up appears with the bow and its stats. at the top is an ID. Change the ID to whatever your going to call you bow. Then hit ok, new ID is now created.

Now edit your ID, change the stats etc for what you want it to have,then click on the mesh. You have to have yhe mesh and the texture you want to use already in your game data file with the texture path added to the mesh.

add the mesh, again OK it.

now at the lower right you see a screen with interior or exterior location. You can either add the bow where you want it or if you want to place it in a container , you then create your own container the same way you created your bow ID

once you've placed your bow, you then click file, click data on the drop down and you should get a pop-up asking if you want to save the changes,answer yes, then name your esp, answer ok or yes again and your esp will be created

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11277

That's the mod.

I'm new to this kind of stuff.

How do I go about making an esp for it and getting it to work?

I've gone into the CS and I hit data and everything loads up, fine.

I just don't know how to get the Tex/Mesh into the weapons area to place it in the game.

I know I'm just missing a step or 2 but I don't know what they are, and the tutorials I've found so far, haven't addressed this.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if i don't ask, I don't learn.

Hold my hand please? :rolleyes:

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showto...0&hl=weapon

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showto...3&hl=weapon

for a start.

What you basically need to do is open an existing weapon, change the Editor ID, change the name, make the mesh and icon link to the directory where the resource is, adjust the item values, then save the item.

However, one word of warning in regard to that resource. It seem that that resource is rather old and not supported. I made a quick .esp to put the weapons in game, however the game crashed as soon as I tried to use one of them. I put it in a .rar if you want to see. You'll find them on a vendor in the Cloud Ruler Armory.

Thank you both for your replies.

I'm going to start playing with the tutorial that you gave me, Dez.

And thanks for the heads up, Vagrant0. I'm gonna give it a shot and see what happens.

I appreciate your help! Kudos to both of you!

OK.

Now I see what you mean. When I use the bows, it's fine, as long as it's not any of the arrows in the mod. Not only are they purple, they cause the game to crash to desktop.

that's fine though. I only wanted the bows.

Once again, I thank you both. Now I'm all the wiser and plan on really getting into modding. :thanks:

OK.

Now I see what you mean. When I use the bows, it's fine, as long as it's not any of the arrows in the mod. Not only are they purple, they cause the game to crash to desktop.

that's fine though. I only wanted the bows.

Once again, I thank you both. Now I'm all the wiser and plan on really getting into modding. :thanks:

the purple is a missing texture is all, check the path on the mesh in nifsKope.