I would like...

Oldwolfe

Thank you, Springlake. That should make it incredibly easy to do.

That being the case, Neunen, you may be better off reskinning something like a sword and tweaking the stats. To keep the attack graphic more in-line. Or I may be completely wrong, not knowing how this all works.

its mostly a matter of just making the model/texture and then

'dotting the Is and crossing the Ts'

ive got the model/uv done, but it still needs texturing.

if i get a chance ill try to start that tonight. then once its done ill set up the stats and send it to you to see if you want anything changed before i upload it

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8382/51288893.th.jpg

did you want the one with the older style wooden handle or the newer one?

I'd prefer the newer carbon fiber one. That's the one I own in real life. However, either one is fine.

I've got it on my desk comparing it to your mesh.

The grip doesn't swell out like that, the haft is more tapered... and and grooves are cut into the grip for the hand. I think the older model was gripped the way you have the mesh. The grooves are probably easier to do in texturing than the mesh. The head is angled just a tad more. However, if you find it simpler that way, that's great too. I guess it's now much of a perfectionist you are, frankly, the way it looks now is just fine for me.

The way you have the head mounted on the haft with the angled pieces slanted down to the collar on the haft is absolutely perfect. I'm impressed.

I can't thank you enough for this. It's really nice of you to respond, and to go through this trouble. I hope you find you like using it in the game, yourself.

i think i used the older one for the reference picture, where they seemed to have cord wrapped around the handle, but yeah i can take that part out and make it the grooved rubber grip.

do you mean by tapered that the handle is a bit flatter over all?

its no problem at all. i love making new axes (im working on a mod that adds 20 or so) so im just as glad to have found a new and interesting looking one to work on.. i may make the sog battle ax as well when ive got more time. it looked pretty neat too.

For some reason when I buy any of the "live" downloads online and download it, it doesn't appear in my computer even when I get the download complete message.

So I'll have to wait until Point Lookout comes out on disk.

As far as the axe goes, the haft has a flattened oval cross section and tapers slightly over the whole length of the haft, being mildly thicker at the butt. The grip and haft is all one piece, there is no rubber on the grip. The grip grooves are simply molded into the carbon fiber haft.

I have some conversation points to make for when you do the texturing. I'm not being picky, I'm tossing this out just in case you want all these details for your use. Ignore if you want.

There are two star drive screws holding the head to the haft positioned between the head and the collar. Oddly, both sides have the star drive screw heads. The star screws are a little odd in that instead of being rounded, they have an effect like three different washers on top of each other, each one higher getting a little smaller. This creates a rounded head effect sort of. Looking straight down on the screw it looks like you have three very thin circles around the head of the top of the screw. I hope I am explaining that well. Imagine an archery target with the center circle being huge, and three tiny rings on the outside.

There's an odd rectangle on each side of the head, just above the haft that has a diamond tread checkering pattern, like on the grip of a pistol. I think it for holding the axe sideways and hammering on stuff, but it makes little sense to me, as it really is not a very good hammer.

The backspike has a chisel point on it, for better penetration. The V side is edged deeply, like a thick knife edge, and the very tip has it's own edge. I'm probably describing that poorly. If you even bother to put that on it's only if you are going for extreme detail.

Would anyone like to make a stab at some Native American / Post Holocaust armor?

Simplest way, take the Leather Rebel Armor, name it Apache Leather, and give it +10 Sneak, +10 Action Points, and some + to movement speed (if possible).

Or even better, add some Native American texturing to it with some fringe and some small beadwork trim/edging maybe. That may take some meshing, I don't know.

I've tried, and it's not like I'm stupid or anything.

I've bought the points and downloaded two of the DLCs. The money WAS detracted from my bank account. Now, it says I haven't purchased any points or bought anything. No history of activity on the website.

One day their website says I bought two DLC's. Another day their website says I haven't made any purchases.

That makes it concretely on THEIR end, not on my end. Thank goodness it wasn't some huge purchase.

I managed to cobble together a look I like together using armor parts from a couple different mods. I'd rather have a loincloth down the front, but this is as close as I could get. Swapping over gear is annoying because this is eight separate pieces, but I don't change clothes very often.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l141/Oldwolfe/DawnTheLastApache.jpg

If anyone is curious, the suit is made from:

Core Game

Leather Rebel Armor

Red's Bandana

Lucas Simm's Right Glove

Shoulder Pad Mod

Codpiece

Spad Regulator (shoulder pad, actually the shoulder mantle from the duster)

Ammo Belt Troublemaker

Belts and Boots Mod

Scout Belt

Bandana (actually, a bandanna around the neck )

-------------

At 100% condition this all adds up to:

DR 44

WG 23

Sm Guns +17 (doesn't matter, my skill is 100 anyway)

Melee Wpn +2

Chr +1

Per +1

Crit Chance +5

Which is probably more information than anyone really wants, but thought I'd toss it out there.

Seems a bit overpowered with the DR / Weight Ratio, but I use a mod that seriously increases the DR of powered armor and makes powered armor basically weightless when worn. So that balances it fairly well. Especially when you consider I am a stealth character and don't use powered armor. That just makes the opposition (and of course Star Paladin Cross) tougher.