Having a problem with break-ins...

I'm making a player home, but I'm having a problem with raiders constantly getting inside. Seeing as the only way I know how to sell it to the player is to give them a key from a merchant, I was thinking of some sort of script to constantly lock the door every ten seconds. That also means that if the player was to sell the building they'd just have to sell the ky and they'd no longer have access to it. Would someone be able to write such a script for me or suggest an alternative?

Cheers, Toasty

If you place a script on the entry door that only allows the player to activate it, you should be able to keep the raiders from getting inside. Something like this variation of the VaultDoor script might do it. The "IsActionRef player" condition should prevent NPCs from opening the door.

scn BouncerDoorSCRIPT

begin onActivate

if (IsActionRef player == 1)

Activate

endif

end

You might want to add an exception for members of FollowerFaction if you want companions to follow you inside.

sorry if this is off course but how do you asighn a script to a button to open\close doors?

i put a switch & then link it to refrance but the switch dont open the door?, i presume you put a script someware.

It does usurp another person's thread somewhat, but... you should be able to make the switch an activate parent of the door to make it open. I think there is a setup like that in Casey Smith's Garage that allows the player to open subfloor access to a vault.