Trouble with Addon Nodes and Skinned meshes.

RayoftheSun

I made a custom mrhandy headlamp that attaches to mr.handy eyes. The headlamp itself attaches just fine to the robot. However the problem I am having is with the light attachment and the Addon nodes. I am using a PA headlamp and when I try to position the addon nodes in the same place as the goggles as seen in the nif it always shows up in a different position in game. I have never had this issue with static meshes, but I need to know how to properly position Addon Nodes to match the position of a skinned mesh. Has anyone else had this issue before and do they know how to solve it? Unless I find a solution the only way I see this will work is guessing.

BsValueNode is a bone whose direction is x,y,z = direction of the light spot. This bone can be made in 3ds, in the form of a child bone of any mesh, by left-clicking on the bone object Properties/User Defined parameter sgoKeep = 1. If you create bsValueNode in a nifscope, you can suffer for a long time with the correct coordinates and angles.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/ewBoaz4UzfwDDQ

BsValueNode is a bone whose direction is x,y,z = direction of the light spot. This bone can be made in 3ds, in the form of a child bone of any mesh, by left-clicking on the bone object Properties/User Defined parameter sgoKeep = 1. If you create bsValueNode in a nifscope, you can suffer for a long time with the correct coordinates and angles.

Thank you for the information. Is there any blender alternative for doing this and based on what you said I don't suppose based on what you said getting the right coordinates is an easy task in Nifskope? Cause I don't have 3Ds max and when I looked it up the program seems fairly costly.

"bone whose direction is x,y,z = direction of the light spot." Can you elaborate on this a bit if you don't mind? Global x,y,z in nifskope? Does the rig effect it at all?

Edited by RayoftheSun

Thank you for the information. Is there any blender alternative for doing this and based on what you said I don't suppose based on what you said getting the right coordinates is an easy task in Nifskope? Cause I don't have 3Ds max and when I looked it up the program seems fairly costly.

"bone whose direction is x,y,z = direction of the light spot." Can you elaborate on this a bit if you don't mind? Global x,y,z in nifskope? Does the rig effect it at all?

Because you are adding bsvaluenode to some mesh in Nifscope. Most likely, the coordinates of bsvaluenode will be equal to the coordinates of this mesh to which you added this node (this is not exact, I assume so). Therefore, you should make adjustments to the bsvaluenode coordinates based on the coordinates of the mesh to which the node is added. As you can see, the direction of the knot is not physically visible through the nifscope. Therefore, simple arithmetic remains. Look at the coordinates, angle of the parent mesh and calculate the coordinates of the child node relative to the parent mesh.Previously, before creating a node in 3ds, I hooked bsvaluenode to a helper or mesh, and simply rotated bsvaluenode 90 degrees in z or y. Usually it worked out right away. But complex objects could get confusing, so I'm glad that 3ds makes it easy to set precise directions for nodes by creating them as bones. Edited by South8028