J S Black's Ghosts official thread

junin

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

junin, great looking mods so far.

I'm curious, does your hand to hand animation replace the existing (original) Fallout 3 hand to hand animations?

Your excerpt of the background story leaves some questions which entices me to seek its answers by playing your mod. Great concept and implementation so far. Crysis suit or not, I'm hoping the mod will be a blast to play.

OK here is another little titbit that will answer your question concerning the martial arts moves. Remember that door I mentioned? Well behind it there is a room (no duh) in that room there is some interesting stuff. Beyond that room there is another room (you follow me so far) and in THAT room there are four virtual simulation pods (like the ones in Anchorage) and some neural interface suits. Those four suits were used by the Ghosts to train their acolytes. Three of them are damaged, but one still remains in good condition. The one that works will train you in Martial arts unarmed combat and melee dual wield combat.

You will enter the pod remain in there for a few hours and come out fighting like Bryce Lee (think the matrix when Neo learns to fight and becomes a kung fu master). In other words YOU will be a bad ass martial artist not everyone else. The player will be able to pull of these moves, not everybody in the wastelands (though I may make some NPC that know martial arts just to spice things up, not sure yet).

Some technical info: It will replace the h2h fighting from vanilla, but only for the player, (once you learn to throw round house kicks efficiently you don’t forget right) but if you don’t want to kick you don’t have to. You can control when to kick and when not to kick. You can also mix up you punches and throw different combinations by changing the pattern and speed when pressing the attach button. If you look at the video you can see how he throws 3 left jabs then a right cross followed by a quick right hook and so forth.

If you’re wondering if I’m using some crazy script for this stuff, don’t bother, I’m not. There is a very simple way to give specific moves to the PC without affecting every other character in the game. This means that technically once you activate my mod you will be able to throw these kicks, but think of it this way. Unless your handicapped or morbidly obese, you could probably stand up right now and throw a round house kick or side kick or a right cross, but if you don’t know how to fight and you tried using those moves in a real street fight , you would probably get your ass handed to you. What the virtual training module will do is teach you how to use these techniques by increasing your unarmed combat skills. Once you get your skill high enough you can even do a special move.

Before anyone starts complaining about unbalancing the game, let me save you some time. I don’t care about that. If I did, I wouldn’t have made a Nanosuit mod or made this mod which gives the player access to very powerful equipment. Everyone has different taste and opinions. If you try to please everyone you end up not pleasing anyone (including yourself). Ultimately it is up to us to please ourselves. If you like a challenge, but still want to use my mod raise the difficulty as high as it will go and use MMM. That should help. If you enjoy walking around the wasteland and killing everything that moves, lower the difficulty. You get the point.

Well that’s enough for now I’ll be back soon with another update.

See ya.

Can I assume you're using FOSE?

So far no. I'm trying as hard as possible not to. I don't have anything against FOSE. In fact if in my video you can see i use the bullet time mod, but there are people who can't use it because their copy of Fallout is not supported by FOSE (like my own brother for instance). I don't want to leave these people out.

junin did you ever check out that "stuff" i sent you? you know that "master" armor?

Yep sure did, very nice stuff. I'm messing around with it, but right now Ghosts has first priority.