ship crew audio hurts my ears. :sick:

gederf

anyway to change the

High Pitch :nuke: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

crew audio when you are in the pilot seat?

and the ship crew are always talking at the same time when you are in a conversation with someone else

Edited by gederf

Now now, can you imagine the impossible big-brained code required to detect that the player is in conversation, and prevent the random chatter of NPCs for the duration. I mean such a coder would need at least one day's worth of experience. How could Beth do its agenda based hiring, if it expected its code hires to have experience and/or talent? Employ people on that basis, and well we all know what the 'problem' would be.

Another massive bunch of people just got laid off all across the industry. Directly down to these policies, and projects with hundreds of millions of dollars of budget, and years already in dev, producing nothing of salvageable value so it is cheaper to just can the project and swallow the loss. When people do not know what they are doing, they destroy industries and everyone's jobs, including their own.

Starfield has literally the worst quality coding I've ever witnessed in a AAA title, and in-your-face issues like the NPC babble problem that should have been spotted and fixed within one hour of QA, let alone the ONE YEAR Beth itself admits was used just for "polish". Every gamer, within one hour of playing Starfield, could list one hundred things that obviously need fixing and/or improving- and I'm not referring to anything caused by limitations of the Creation Engine.

Starfield is a symptom of something truly awful that has happened at almost every major publisher, and if you do happen to have talent and ability, you would not want to work for any of them- every one has a truly toxic environment for anyone who can actually get their job done well. But the truly talented now have more choices than ever when and how to work, so don't need the big publishers. A true vicious circle and a true race to the bottom for publishers like Beth, as witnessed by pretty everything they've released recently.