ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

High Quality 3D Map and A Quality World Map - With Roads etc...?

Systemlord30

I have a learning disability and I'm very confused about how to properly get these two mods running, "High Quality 3D Map" and "A Quality World Map w/All Roads". I tried enabling A Quality World Map w/All Roads mod using 1024x1024 textures from "high Quality 3D Map mod installed in the textures->terrain->tamriel folder only to lose half of the maps roads in exchange for the high res LODs. I wanted both A Quality World Map and the high res LOD map textures to both work together, but it seems impossible.

Can someone please explain to me how I can get high res map LOD textures working with the correct map mod?

Thank you, much appreciated!

Systems Nord. :smile:

Thanks goes to Ethatron for his High Quality 3D Map. This mods Hi-Res map textures draw roads on his high quality textures. His mod also provides High-Res map meshes, which are highly recommended with this mods Hi-Res map textures, so if you want landscapes to be even more detailed go download them. The files were generated with Oscape from the original ESM.
Comparison 1: Vanilla Mesh -- Hi-Res Mesh
Comparison 2: Vanilla Mesh -- Hi-Res Mesh

The highlighted quote above is outside my understanding which is why I'm lost and confused. If you click on Comparison 2: Hi-Res Mesh here scroll down a little) neither mod together or by itself produces the level of quality in Comparison 2: Hi-Res Mesh, it shows every hut in the small villages such as Riverwood, the entire mountain Throat Of The World looks incredible. I must be overlooking something here, I want those very high quality maps in the link provided above but don't understand how to get my maps looking like the one linked. I'm currently using A Quality World Map waiting for someone to tell me how to get my maps looking like those linked.

Someone must know.

Much appreciated!

Systemlord.

Edited by Systemlord30

STEP recommends installing High Quality 3D Map before installing Quality World Map with Roads. I've installed them in this order with both NMM, and more recently, with Mod Organizer, and have not had any problems.

If you haven't already done it, I would suggest checking out the load order STEP recommends here:

http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.7