Whats up with Female character mods?

CrustyJuggler

Nova in full battle armor wouldn't get much bussiness...

It's not impossible to look sexy in battle armour, it's just a question of un-buttoning and charisma. :D

Given the chance, people will do what they like. When you can put almost anything into a game, why restrict yourself to things that fits into the setting?

Some people want their games to be true to the setting and feel of the vanilla version. Others don't care and see the game as a playground where they can do what they like. Judging by the mods for female characters, the ones who don't care are in majority.

I see nothing strange in this.

Some people want their games to be true to the setting and feel of the vanilla version. Others don't care and see the game as a playground where they can do what they like.

Absolutely true, and that is why any argument like the ones in this thread are ultimately moot.

Fallout comes already packaged with a tremendous number of impossibilities and inconsistencies that fans just take for granted. 'Canon' lovers will grouse about a mod that doesn't fit the 1950's but say nothing about the fact that 3 Dog sounds nothing like anyone from the '50s, for instance.

My personal taste runs toward plausible additions. Seeing a bargirl dressed in a skimpy outfit is plausible, seeing a caravan guard in a bikini survive a direct hit with an RPG (Rocket Propelled Grenade, in this case) is not. I don't go for god mode or super weapons, but that is just my taste.

But if someone likes to pretend that his character can take on a whole division of power armor wearing Enclave soldiers with nothing but a leather jacket and a katana (suicide) and kill them all then that is his prerogative. If you want to believe that vacuum tubes can be miniaturized to the point of use in personal computers (defies physics) well, it is your fantasy. My electronics training won't let me accept that notion, but that is irrelevant to your gameplay. (BTW, William Gibson wrote a book called "The Difference Engine" in which all computers were driven by steam, and I quite enjoyed it even though I can't realistically accept the idea.)

It's just a matter of suspending disbelief enough to have some fun.

But if someone likes to pretend that his character can take on a whole division of power armor wearing Enclave soldiers with nothing but a leather jacket and a katana (suicide) and kill them all then that is his prerogative. If you want to believe that vacuum tubes can be miniaturized to the point of use in personal computers (defies physics) well, it is your fantasy.

You don't even have to believe it's possible. There is no need to justify the way you play with logic as long as you enjoy it and it doesn't affect others peoples games.

Then, it's no longer a game with story and dynamics, it's a playground where you do crazy s**t. That can be as fun as anything, just look at some of the things that are results from treating games like that. G-mod and machinema are good examples.

You don't even have to believe it's possible. There is no need to justify the way you play with logic as long as you enjoy it and it doesn't affect others peoples games.

I guess that I'll repeat this:

Absolutely true, and that is why any argument like the ones in this thread are ultimately moot.

Moot = irrelevant.

Just for laughs:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/images/1103832-1246459919.jpg

You've been at a fire base with 139 other men for the last 90 days. You have 4 days leave.

Which one would you ask out?

Nova in full battle armor wouldn't get much bussiness...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1091/1384312587_96c222673b.jpg

I think you might be surprised.

they arent in full battle armor, they are in dress fatigues

and comparing photos of real women to screenshots of ingame digital polygons is not a fair comparison =p. You could just as well leave the game-graphics face on the combat armor model and leave it just as is. Btw cigarettes also make it unfair comparison. Nobodys talking about smoking =P And could you really find an uglier face from the facegen? that one is just awful. Way to intentionally stack the competition =P

going back to his point about battle armor, THIS is battle armor, not some t-shirt colored green that any girl can show her figure in..

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/images/259193-1246119123.jpg

they arent in full battle armor, they are in dress fatigues

True enough, but they are real soldiers. And would their beauty really depend on what they are wearing? If a man is hungry he doesn't care if his meal is served on a 5 Star plate or a in a cardboard box.

and comparing photos of real women to screenshots of ingame digital polygons is not a fair comparison =p. You could just as well leave the game-graphics face on the combat armor model and leave it just as is. Btw cigarettes also make it unfair comparison. Nobodys talking about smoking =P And could you really find an uglier face from the facegen? that one is just awful. Way to intentionally stack the competition =P

It really wasn't meant to be fair competition, it was meant to be a joke. And Belle Bonney just pulled out a cig while I was taking the shot, I didn't have to encourage her. You know how smokers are.

going back to his point about battle armor, THIS is battle armor, not some t-shirt colored green that any girl can show her figure in..

The cute girl in the unfair competition is wearing battle armor too, albeit not as ugly a style as your example. And your girl is still sexier than Belle Bonney. : P