Zoom decreases mouse sensitivity

cross462

Wondering if it is possible to create a mod that would decrease the mouse sensitivity and control speed upon zooming in. I have an issue when playing with a mouse or xbox controller where the shooting is not nearly as precise as I would like. Turning the mouse sensitivity all the way down results in excellent gun play but very slow movement. If the decreased sensitivity would only occur when you zoom in with your weapon, this could greatly enhance the gameplay.

Thanks.

I think it should be possible with FOSE. It has a function that lets you adjust INI values and mouse sensitivity is one of them. I'll look into it after I finish updating my mod in a few days, if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Just saw your post. Thanks for this. The only thing is that it doesn't work for the xbox controller for some reason. I tried using the mouse and it works fine, but as soon as you turn on and connect the controller it resets to normal controls. I tried figuring out how to fix it but I never used fose editor and don't know where to look to change it.

Just saw your post. Thanks for this. The only thing is that it doesn't work for the xbox controller for some reason. I tried using the mouse and it works fine, but as soon as you turn on and connect the controller it resets to normal controls. I tried figuring out how to fix it but I never used fose editor and don't know where to look to change it.

There's probably a setting somewhere that kicks in whenever you connect a game controller. First, let me get this straight: you're connecting your X-Box controller to your PC and using it as a gamepad? That would be the logical thing, but I want to make sure. I'll take a look around the settings and functions and see what's going on, connect a gamepad and see what Fallout does.

There's probably a setting somewhere that kicks in whenever you connect a game controller. First, let me get this straight: you're connecting your X-Box controller to your PC and using it as a gamepad? That would be the logical thing, but I want to make sure. I'll take a look around the settings and functions and see what's going on, connect a gamepad and see what Fallout does.

Yeah, I am using a wireless receiver in order to use my xbox 360 controller. The game actually recognizes the connected xbox controller and adjusts controls and such automatically. Also, do you think you might be able to add an option that makes the precise aim work for non scoped weapons, such as the hunting rifle or assault rifles?

So the game recognizes it as an XBox controller and adjusts accordingly? Hmm, not sure if I'll be able to do anything about that as I do not have one. I scanned the ini files and checked the GECK functions, didn't see anything relating to gamepads. Unless they values aren't added until after you've connected one, but that's highly unlikely. I'll do a little more sniffing, but I can't guarantee anything. But the new version I just upped supports non-scoped weapons.

So the game recognizes it as an XBox controller and adjusts accordingly? Hmm, not sure if I'll be able to do anything about that as I do not have one. I scanned the ini files and checked the GECK functions, didn't see anything relating to gamepads. Unless they values aren't added until after you've connected one, but that's highly unlikely. I'll do a little more sniffing, but I can't guarantee anything. But the new version I just upped supports non-scoped weapons.

I have geck installed and know how to access the fose editor via command prompt. If you want to explain to me where to look or what to do I can plug in my xbox controller and see if I can find anything. I have used Geck before but dont know much about fose or where to look for the functions. If you want to try and walk me through it over an instant messenger let me know and I can pm you my username.

I'm not entirely sure where to look myself. To start with, could you upload your Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini files? Copy them somewhere while the game is running and for both when your controller is plugged in and not. Just zip/rar 'em up and attach them to a post them here. I want to take a look and see if there's are any setting that are added. I'm gonna do some more research on the subject and I'll let you know if there's something I need you to do.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found a way to emulate the XBox controller with my gamepad. There doesn't seem to be any changes in the ini, so I'm guessing its something hardcoded into the exe. I don't know if there's anything I can do about it. When the controller is active, the mouse sensitivity bar and ini value change, so I'm not sure what's going on. I'll do some experiments and see if I can't find something that works. Sorry.

I'm not entirely sure where to look myself. To start with, could you upload your Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini files? Copy them somewhere while the game is running and for both when your controller is plugged in and not. Just zip/rar 'em up and attach them to a post them here. I want to take a look and see if there's are any setting that are added. I'm gonna do some more research on the subject and I'll let you know if there's something I need you to do.

I noticed no difference in the config settings files but maybe you can spot something I didnt. In-game the mouse sensitivity stays the same when the controller is plugged in. The only difference is that the 360 controller option under settings and controls says "on" instead of "off".