Zoom decreases mouse sensitivity

cross462

From what I can tell, FOSE doesn't support gamepads at this point, only the mouse and keyboard controls. So I'm going to try some alternate methods to detect whether or not you are aiming tomorrow. I think I might have to fudge it by watching for the aim animation.

Here's a test version of the plugin that watches for the aim animation instead of the control press. Since the keyboard is disabled, it also detects whenever the controller is being used and adds a hotkeyable item that toggles Precise Aim on/off since the normal custom hotkey is unuseable. I've tried it and it works well enough. Try it out and let me know how it works for you and if there's anything that needs tweaking.

It seems IsPlayerActionActive always returns 0 whenever you enter combat and works normally again once you leave it, so that's why the script no longer runs when you get into a fight. I tried watching for the aim animation with IsAnimPlaying, but that always returns true when you have your weapon out. I've scanned through every function available in the GECK and FOSE, and I can't find anything other than those two methods and FOSE's IsControlPressed (what I was using before) to determine whether or not you are using the scope or iron sights. Unfortunately, that means the mod will not work with gamepads until FOSE supports them. Until then, the best I can do is keyboard&mouse support and a sensitive mouse whenever your weapon is out. If you want, you can try contacting the FOSE team about gamepad support. Let me know what you want to do.

It seems IsPlayerActionActive always returns 0 whenever you enter combat and works normally again once you leave it, so that's why the script no longer runs when you get into a fight. I tried watching for the aim animation with IsAnimPlaying, but that always returns true when you have your weapon out. I've scanned through every function available in the GECK and FOSE, and I can't find anything other than those two methods and FOSE's IsControlPressed (what I was using before) to determine whether or not you are using the scope or iron sights. Unfortunately, that means the mod will not work with gamepads until FOSE supports them. Until then, the best I can do is keyboard&mouse support and a sensitive mouse whenever your weapon is out. If you want, you can try contacting the FOSE team about gamepad support. Let me know what you want to do.

I appreciate all your work in trying to get this figured out. I probably will try to send them an email and let you know if I get any kind of response. Such a shame too because the the mod worked very well with a controller. Still though it works great with the keyboard and mouse and really makes aiming more exact. Thanks again for doing this.

Here is the response I received from Ian Patterson.

The xbox controllers can only be accessed via a new API, XInput. We will need to write a new hook that supports it. However, in relative terms this is very easy due to the simplicity of the API. Support will probably be in the next beta of FOSE, which will be released around the time of the next DLC (or earlier if I get around to it).

That's cool. I'll update the mod again when the FOSE team does their magic.

To be honest, your request turned out to be a mod I didn't know I needed. It was a simple idea that really made my gaming experience, and hopefully that of others, that much better. I'm glad to have had the chance to do this.