Looking to extract Mark I model

ModelSearcher

Good morning/evening. I was interested in extracting the spacesuit Mark I model from starfield, to use and edit in Blender. I downloaded Starfield, and I used NifSkope 2.0.dev9 to look into the .ba2 archives, found the spacesuit files... and nothing showed up in the viewer, no mesh was found. I thought maybe looking through the .ba2 files was too much for NifSkope, so I used BAE v0.18-165-0-18-1693726535 to extract the .ba2 archives first and then opening up the specific .nif files. Again, same result nothing. Then I thought that maybe NifSkope wasn't finding the meshes cause it couldn't find the archives? So I went into settings and added all .ba2 files from Starfield/Data there, added paths to the game as well. Nothing.

Instead of finding a way to fix all this, since I really just needed the full mark I space suit, I thought of asking directly here in this forum. Would anyone be so kind to extract and send me the full spacesuit to .glTF so I can use it in blender? I don't know if it extracts the armature as well, but if it does that would be wonderful. Thank you in advance!

I'm not a 3D artist but there are Meshes in .nif files and geometries in .mesh files. Maybe you also need the right geometries but they are not clearly labelled when you extract them (for example fb2354b8a189b76f902f.mesh in the fet helmet mod). Don't know if this will help, just a supposition :/

In the same boat, followed nifskope tutorial and added unpacked `Data` & `Data/textures` folders (previously extracted with BAE2). Then tried opening a facegeom nif (Sam - 00005999.nif), and nothing came in the rendering pane even though the nif data gets loaded.

I DID IT. Solved it. Thank you guys anyway cause I otherwised would have given up. OK so
I extracted with BAE the Meshes01.ba2 file into a random folder. This created two folders, "meshes" and "geometries". Then, in NifScope, I went into Options --> Settings --> Resources --> Paths and added the folder path. Then, I opened the .nif file inside "meshes" and the geometry showed up!

EDIT: I extracted the files and did find another problem. On Nif no textures or materials were recognized, even though I did extract those as well later and retried. Worse of all, for some reason, after having exported the .gltf models and imported them in blender, the UVs were all messed up, not to mention the materials being based import materials, making it impossible to manually reattach the textures... And this one is another huge stump...

EDIT EDIT: false alarm for the most part, most meshes work fine after manually rebuilding the nodes. However, I stand for what I said for the gloves as their UVs don't correspond to their textures at all, while the bracket seem to instead be part of another texture I cannot find.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I'm stoopid, I used the wrong texture for whatever reason, and instead actually found the correct one for the gloves. For the bracket piece, I think they are the same for each space suit and are located within the Constellation space suit. Had to look at it in nifskope to understand it but finally a good thing. I got my model in the end. Thank you everyone and hope these solutions can help others!

Edited by ModelSearcher